Theme Update on WP 4.5.1

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    wpcoach
    Participant

How do I run the theme update? About FTP or via the Dashboard? What happens to the data in the Custom CSS? Thanks

Veena

You can use either way.
    Through dashboard :- You can’t remove an active theme, so first activate the default WordPress theme (Twenty Fourteen) to be able to delete a theme required. Click the deactivated theme to see it’s details and click Delete button in the right bottom corner of it. Use the same procedure as when you installed the theme for the first time. Everything you did on your Dashboard won’t get overwritten, the files you’ve modified, however, will be replaced with the new files. I recommend that you save them in separate folders so you’ll have them at hand to reapply the changes. If you made any changes to the source files (instead of child theme), you will need to redo them of course no matter what method you use for updating.
    Custom CSS also remains intact.

wpcoach
    Participant

Can I upload anything via FTP, and overwrite the existing files and folders after extracting the zip file easily? Is not that simple? Or must the old theme are completely erased and then the new theme will be installed? Thanks

Veena

Yes you can update through FTP method also , just delete the old invent folder and add the updated version invent folder that will be easy instead of overwriting existing files.(You can take a backup of the older folder incase if you want to reapply any changes) .

wpcoach
    Participant

My site uses an SSL certificate. Do I have to consider something if I completely delete the old theme, and then upload the new theme? Thanks

Raghavendra

Having a secure site should not affect the update process.

wpcoach
    Participant

I have WP 4.5.2 and Invent 3.1 now updated. No Sticky menu possible. no Scroll to top possible. A strange color representation in the Theme Options (see screenshot).

Furthermore, the menu item is missing “Thumbnail generation” in the General Options. I had to choose “WordPress” there. Is that a problem for my website?

Please help. Thanks

wpcoach
    Participant

After the Update today on WP 4.5.2 and Invent 3.1 i have the same Problem as on February.

phoenix wrote:

I have changed the Thumbnail generation method in general tab of theme options from Aqua to “WordPress” and now everything seems fine . The Aqua option does not work over HTTPS.

Post Link: http://support.livemeshthemes.com/forums/topic/invent-theme-does-not-work-with-ssl/#post-19000

What can i do? Please help me. Thanks

Veena

Can you pls share a link to your site with a temp login here as a private msg ?

wpcoach
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

Here i don’t see any issue with scroll to top arrow and sticky menu .
    Regarding themeoptions tab options styling – Can you deactivate all the plugins once and see if that makes any changes or not?

Furthermore, the menu item is missing “Thumbnail generation” in the General Options. I had to choose “WordPress” there. Is that a problem for my website?
    In latest version themes we have removed that option – we are not using aqua resizer now , this change will not make any harm to your site .

wpcoach
    Participant

The scroll to top arrow and sticky menu works!

You do not understand apparently the biggest problem. Normal, the SSL certificate is displayed in green (screenshot). Since this update will no longer appear in green (screenshot) and is no longer functioning properly. The problem was once before. Since you have said that The Aqua option does not work over HTTPS and have changed the thumbnail generation method in general tab of theme options from Aqua to “WordPress”. Then it worked again. Now I have the same problem as at the beginning and want the SSL certificate is displayed again in green and works again. Please help. Thank you.

Raghavendra

I modified the custom/custom.css file to remove this code –

#page-loading {
        z-index: 10010;
        background: #FFF url(https://www.livemeshthemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Preloader_11.gif) no-repeat 50% 50%;
        }

since it is loading the image over HTTP protocol instead of secure HTTPS. After removal and refresh of the browser, the green bar is showing up.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.