Portfolio post order & next prev buttons issues

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support Portfolio post order & next prev buttons issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Is there a way to have the portfolio post be posted on the front end by the first letter instead of the date they were posted in the back end. Also I am having issues with the next and previous buttons in thesingle-post page. They seem to only be cycling through the last 7 post.

you can view the portfolio at http://avid3.com/vendor-portfolio/

Ernesto

Hi! Please send us a temp user so we can inspect the portfolio in the back end.

Cheers!

This reply has been marked as private.
    Ernesto

Hi! Sorry, the only way to sort the items alphabetically is to manually set it in the Portfolio>Re-Order Section.

Cheers!

Raghavendra

Sorry I do not have permission to edit the files in your installation. You can accomplish what you want by replacing the existing code at line number 13 in file Filterable Portfolio Page Template (template-portfolio-filterable.php) file with new code below –

$args = array(
                'number_of_columns' => $column_count,
                'image_size' => 'medium',
                'posts_per_page' => 132,
                'filterable' => true,
                'post_type' => 'portfolio',
            'order' => 'ASC',
            'orderby' => 'title'
            );

Change order to DESC if that meets your requirement better.

So I tried to implement this but it doesn’t change anything. I tried ASC and DESC they didn’t change order. Is there something i am missing?

Raghavendra

Looks like the above arguments are not being used. Can you pls change the file framework/functions/portfolio-functions.php at line number 13 to –

$query_args = array('post_type' => 'portfolio', 'posts_per_page' => $args['posts_per_page'], 'filterable' => $args['filterable'], 'paged' => $paged, 'order' => 'ASC', 'orderby' => 'title');

That should work for you.

Hey thanks for the fix the vendor portfolio page is working now and are sorted in asc order. But is there another file to make the home page portfolio section do the same? I tried adding the first code snippet you sent to the (template-portfolio-filterable.php) but it didn’t change anything on the homepage.

Thanks

Ernesto

Hi! You need to check which kind of portfolio you’re using to make the Home Page. If you need to, send us the info and we’ll send which file and lines you need to modify.

Let us know if you need further assistance!

Raghavendra

You need to make a similar change in line number 143 (of adding additional query attributes for order and orderby as seen above) to the file framework/functions/portfolio-functions.php file. Hope this helps.

hello,

so i got everything to post in alphabetical order but i am still having issues with the next and prev buttons in the single post page it only cycles through like 20 vendors and not all of them. Where can I find this function so I can make it loop through all of them?

Raghavendra

It is the line number 22, 23 in the file loop-nav.php file for next and prev link. It is pretty standard WordPress function call; not sure what could be wrong here. Pls have a look and get back to me. Thanks

So i looked at the code on line 22 and 23 but cant figure out what I need to add. We are trying to go live on wed and need to figure this out because people might want to scroll through all of them and right now its only going through like 30 and we have 109. Can guys take a look and see if you can find something?

Raghavendra

Unfortunately I do not have the permission to edit files on your installation. Will need FTP to edit the files. Meanwhile, can you pls make the following change –

Move the line number 92 in single-portfolio.php file –

to line number 106 of the same file (after the line containing endif statement) and see if that helps? If not, pls get back to me. Thanks

Raghavendra

One other change if the above does not help –

In the file loop-nav.php, change line numbers 22 and 23 to –

← ' . '%link' . '
    ', '' . __('Previous Project', 'mo_theme') . '', false, '', 'portfolio_category'); ?> → ' . '%link' . '
    ', '' . __('Next Project', 'mo_theme') . '', false, '', 'portfolio_category'); ?>
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.