Portfolio post order & next prev buttons issues

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support Portfolio post order & next prev buttons issues

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Still having an issue it only goes through like 34 vendors.

Raghavendra

Can you post for me the FTP access to the site? I can make the required code change and test it a bit myself. Thanks

Hi

So the site is live and i still have that issue here is the ftp info….like i said it is live so maybe edit locally. The problem is that it only scrolls through 34 vendors and not all 110 or so. thanks for all your help and speedy response.

Brian

This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra
    This reply has been marked as private.

its up and running at vailfarmersmarket.com Sorry about that

Hi,

So we are still having an issue with the next and previous links on the singl portfolio post page it only scrolls thorugh 39 vendors and not all of them. Have you guys figured out why yet. Please let me know as soon as possible since this site is live and we need these links so people can scroll through all the vendors

Thanks
    Brian

Raghavendra

We did investigate and we are able to reproduce the issue. We are investigating and you should see a solution within couple of days. Sorry – busy days here. Thanks for your patience.

Raghavendra

I spent several hours investigating this – the above change suggested by me is as per recommendation from WordPress. See more details here –

https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/17807

But I notice that the above change does not help if you have two posts with the same date. Moment we have two posts with the same date, the cycle gets confused and brings in the “duplicate” post somewhere in between sidestepping the other with the same date. May be changing the time keeping the same date will help but I did not get the time to test it. Can you pls have a look at the posts and see if changing dates helps. I was able to successfully navigate 50 posts back and forth multiple times without issues when the dates were different. Again, probably changing time (at least the hour) will help – pls experiment a little and see if this helps.

So I tried changing the hours but no success still only goes through 34 of the vendors.

I don’t get why the date would matter. Isn’t there some code you can write for the next prev links on the single portfolio page that just over writes everything else and cycles through all the portfolio entries?

Raghavendra

Just a quick question – when you navigate to the next items (let us say 3 items) and then come back hitting previous button 3 times, do you still see the same items from which you navigated? If not, we have a problem. When I resolved the same, all 50 items were navigable. The next and previous cycle should be consistent as you move back and forth between items. Can you pls check once for me?

The code that we have is being used in multiple templates and after 3.8 version of WordPress, you should not face this issue.

So my wordpress is updated to 4.0 but i am still have an issue navigating using the next and previous vendor buttons it only goes through 30 something vendors. Can you guys please help me?

Raghavendra

Again question for you – when you navigate to the next items (let us say 3 items) and then come back hitting previous button 3 times, do you still see the same items from which you navigated? If not, we have a problem. When I resolved the same, all 50 items were navigable. The next and previous cycle should be consistent as you move back and forth between items. Can you pls check once for me?

Sorry about that so yes when I navigate 3 forward and go backwards it goes back to the ones i just saw. Then if i navigate back more it goes to the last one that would pop up if i had navigated the thirty something. But then if i go back one more it show one that i cant navigate to if i had gone through the thirty. Does that make sense?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.