Wrong mainmenu item highlighted in blogposts

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Appdev Theme Support Wrong mainmenu item highlighted in blogposts

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    colibriinteractive
    Participant

Hello,

When I’m in a blogpost the mainmenu item “Blog” is not highlighted but the first item in the mainmenu.
    Please let me know how to change that so the item “Blog” is highlighted. I’m not sure if I have to change that in permalink settings or somewhere else and if so what to set there.

You can have a look at it at: http://www.adsquare.com/wake-up-germany-its-time-to-go-mobile-first/

Thanks,
    CI

P.S.: Can’t see the “Set as private reply” checkbox. Am I overlooking it or have you remove it?

Raghavendra

Can you pls post a temp login here? Will take a look and see if we can get this resolved. You should be able to see a Set as private reply box when you reply (not when posting).

colibriinteractive
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra
    Raghavendra
    colibriinteractive
    Participant

Hello,

thanks for the code. I just gave it a go and it seems to work good for the blog.
    How does that code look like when I want to use it for normal onepage sites with sections like: http://www.adsquare.com/insights/

That insights page is build with the same structure as the start onepager and the company onepager but here the main navigation item “Insights” is not highlighted for some reason when I open the page.
    When I scroll down to the sections they are highlighted (e.g. Downloads) which is correct and when I scroll back up the main item is correctly highlighted too – but not from the beginning on.

Best,
    Felix

Raghavendra

I see that the menu item does get highlighted on page load when you have developer tools open and hence not able to debug and find out why this is happening. Somewhere there is a script blocking the JS code to be run on page load and the code does run when the debug tools are open. Can you pls disable plugins once and check if the problem goes away? I could have done the same but since there are live customers there, I am little concerned.

I just saw one single JS message/warning in the console which talks about a carousel plugin but not sure that could be the issue.

colibriinteractive
    Participant

Helo,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I deactivated the plugin and did not see the console.log() message anymore but the menu item was still not highlighted.
    Please note, that the same message also appears on the other sites like Company and Solution where the highlighting of the main menu item works just perfect. This is why I think that it has nothing to do with the carousel element. (And it’s just a log message not an javascript error!)

Please let me know how to fix it.
    Best,
    Felix

Raghavendra

Sorry I was just hinting at carousel plugin but as you said, it is just a log entry and hence not the cause for the issue. Is there a way you can deactivate all plugins and see once? You can quickly reactivate it if the issue does not get resolved. This issue is certainly due to the JS code being blocked somewhere and I am wondering how this could happen.

Also, can you pls insert this line at line number 475 in js/main.js file and see if that resolves the issue? Somehow this function is not being activated but does get called whenever I debug your site using developer tools. Weird.

MO_THEME.init_page_navigation();

colibriinteractive
    Participant
    Raghavendra

Looks like there is a hidden menu item (hidden via css) with link – http://www.adsquare.com/?lang=en#downloads which is getting highlighted since the page section part of this page is named as Downloads and has an element id named downloads assigned. The internal link downloads gets highlighted when the downloads element is shown. If you change the name of this page section or if you remove the menu item, things should work normally for this page. I was wrong about JS code not getting executed. It is very much active but the hidden menu item with internal link to downloads section is forcing the removal of highlighting on Insights menu item.

BTW, this site is very well done. Looks very professional.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.