Video Responsiveness Mobile iOS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    monkeysmoke
    Participant

Hiya,

Website is close to complete and have just checked a few final elements across a lot of different platforms. The site works beautifully across all Android and Windows devices (on Chrome, IE and FF). It works, but seems a little hesitant on an iMac which is fine.

On both the iPad and iPhone (several different generations) our videos from You Tube and Vimeo are not responsive and overflow the site’s borders.

Hopefully I’m missing something obvious but I can’t think what!

The site is http://www.vinestone.org

Thanks

Mark

Raghavendra

Where exactly is the video? I mean which page so that I can take a look. I could not find it myself.

The site looks clean, beautiful BTW.

monkeysmoke
    Participant

Thanks! It’s all down to your template really…

The videos I mentioned are on the home page underneath the How Does It Work page section

http://vinestone.org/

and here:

http://vinestone.org/course/transforming-conflict/

Just above the ‘Take This Course’ Button

Thanks for your help.

Raghavendra

I looked at the site in my iPhone and had no issues with the home page video – the YouTube one. The video was responsive on both Safari/Chrome browsers.

The course page had some responsive issue in Safari when loading for the first time (rest of the page loads showed vimeo video as responsive) but on Chrome the video seemed responsive. But, I could not get the video to play in Chrome or in Safari. Let me run some more tests here on the demo site and get back to you and get back to you.

monkeysmoke
    Participant

Thanks!

Raghavendra

I did some more tests and I am simply unable to play any vimeo videos on my browser in iOS. Chrome browser specially does not play any video even on vimeo.com site. The Safari is a little inconsistent – sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. The videos of course have been responsive for most part on both browsers – I wouldn’t worry about it right now.

Is there a way you can contact Vimeo directly and ask them why this is happening. Perhaps they are aware of this issue.

YouTube embed works great on browsers and is quite consistent.

monkeysmoke
    Participant

Just got hold of Vimeo and they’re experiencing difficulties. But it might be worth knowing the following:

There is a file setting in Vimeo, under the embed tab of a video settings screen at the very bottom called ‘automatically embed file in HD’ – if this box is ticked you will experience issues with the sizing of the video. They tried to blame the theme, I tried to blame them…

Once I unticked this box, all our videos rendered normally.

Vimeos current playback problems in Safari as of 13/11/2015 are unrelated to this original post.

Might be useful if this issue crops up else where.

M

Raghavendra

Thanks for the update. I cannot find that option when embedding a video.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.