Upgrading the Agile theme

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    rickdg

Is the theme now working with the latest version of WordPress? Is there a specific process when it comes to upgrading the theme? I was thinking that it might go like, uninstall the initial installation of the Agile theme – then re-install the latest. Or, are we expected to fix the files that have issues with the latest version of WordPress? As pointed out in some of the posts on this forum.

Ernesto

Hi! The latest update of the Theme is prepared to work with the latest WP Update. You only need to download it from Theme Forest and import it the same way you import any content. You do not need to uninstall anything.

Cheers!

rickdg

Thanks – one other question. Should I update WordPress first or the theme? Or, does it matter?

Ernesto

Hi! You can use our latest update with previous WP version. However, it is recommended that you have the latest WP version since plugins sometimes are not compatible with the previous versions. Si, I suggest you updated both WP and the theme.

Cheers!

rickdg

Sorry if I am a pain in the ass – but the theme is not coming up in the update section.
    When I go to themes in design view, it says I am using version 1.5 and there is a label that says Current Theme on it. I must be missing something – is there something I can test to confirm I have the latest?

Ernesto

Hi! You can check which version of the theme you’re using in your Dshboard in Appearance>Themes. After that, enter your Theme Forest account and search for the latest Agile version. Aterwards, you download the file and import it in your WP Dashboard.

Cheers!

rickdg
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ernesto

Hi! Let’s see what we can do, sorry if we weren’t very clear before.

To download the Theme latest version: http://www.themeforest.com>Your Account>Downloads. There you can find our latest Theme version.
    To install it: Use the same procedure as when you installed the theme for the first time.
    Everything you did on your Dashboard won’t get overwriten, the files you’ve modified, however, will be replaced with the new files. I recommend that you save them in separate folders so you’ll have them at hand to reapply the changes.

Let us know if you need any further indications! Cheers!

rickdg

Hi Ernesto,

I did that. My dashboard showed that there was an update – so I went through that process. However it doesn’t look like it took even though
    this is what my update page looks like – it says my theme is up to date. But it says that the version is 1.5?

Update

Inline image 1

Ernesto

Hi! That is the process to update the WP version. The process I explained in the previous post is how to update your Agile Theme, which update is installed as if it was a new theme.

Cheers!

rickdg

If you look at the picture I sent – it says I am using version 1.5 the change log says we are on version 2.1 yet I have no way of updating the theme since the page also says “Your themes are all updated” Have you seen this before? Do you have any suggestions?

rickdg

Am I by chance missing something here? Am I right to assume the current theme should be 2.1?

Ernesto

HI! Yes, that is correct. You only need to download the theme lates version from your Theme Forest account, extract it the same way you extracted your Theme the first place and install it as if it was a new theme.

Have a nice day!

rickdg

You are addressing only one of the questions and I am not sure which one!
    Is the most recent 2.1 – can you help me understand why my system says
    1.5 and says it is current???

Ernesto

Hi! If you’re still trying to update WP, you can update it through your dashboard.
    To update the theme, try checking out this site http://themepacific.com/how-to-upgrade-and-update-a-wordpress-theme-after-customization/1170/ in the section “Upload a Newer Version Themes via WP Dashboard” ut further explains the problem I explained before.
    Do not worry about the message in the WP, it says it is the current, not the latest update.

Let us know if it helped! Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.