Unable to Import Demo Data

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    douglass322

Hello,

I was unable to ever load the theme through WordPress’s upload process. Instead, I had to use an FTP to bring the unzipped file into the theme’s directory in wp-content. Honestly, I’m unsure that this process worked smoothly, but the theme was available in my dashboard with minimal content so I assumed that was done correctly.

While following the video in the README to bring in the demo data, not only do much fewer plug-ins show up, when importing the sample data xml, once I run the import, a blank screen presents. I’ve let this load for 15+ minutes with no result. I also tried several times as the video indicated with again, no results. I checked the pages and not a single new page had come through.

I’m working through an AWS EC2 instance – link and login info located below.

http://ec2-107-23-109-227.compute-1.amazonaws.com/blog/wp-admin
    Username: FusionSupport
    PW: Fusion*Site*11/26

Please let me know any other information you need.

Veena

I am also getting the same issue.
    To resolve this issue you may need to lift the php values like post_max_size ,upload_max_filesize,max_execution_time etc in file php.ini. Pls contact your hosting provider, they will help you in this.

douglass322

I can look into this now and make these changes. Will let you know results.

douglass322

Phoenix,

I raised each of those measures by 32x and am still getting all the same issues. You say
    “etc.” when listing measures. What are some other ones I should raise? Keep in mind, I have full access to the php.ini to make any changes immediately.

What else can I try?

-Sterling

Veena

I have tried to import a small chunk of demo data but that too is failing.
    Have you increased the max_execution_time ?

Have you checked in the error logs on your server?, that may give some clue.

douglass322

I increased the max execution time to 960.

I have not checked any error logs on the server. I can give that a look.

Any other suggestions?

Veena

Also pls check whether if you have disabled file uploads in php.ini (file_uploads) .

douglass322

Are there any other typical things I can check?

Raghavendra

Can you pls post the error log pls?

Also, pls enable WP_DEBUG in wp-config.php – that might throw up some errors instead of us seeing a blank screen. Pls retry once after enabling WP_DEBUG and see if you see any errors and send us the same. Thanks.

douglass322

After enabling the DEBUG in the wp-config file, I was able to work through the errors. For future reference:

1. The html folder only gave write permission to the root user. Granting our Apache web server the proper write permissions solved this.
    2. We did not have an xml reader on our server. This prevented any processes to bring in the demo data. Once we installed one, this problem was resolved.

We now have the demo data loaded and are working on edits. Thank you for your responses, feel free to mark this as resolved!

-Sterling

Veena

Glad you resolved this and thanks for letting us know.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to Import Demo Data’ is closed to new replies.