Trying to decrease space

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    puppyzluv77

I looked at the Chrome Developer Tools and I’m still not there..

I’m trying to decrease the space each page section appears as on the main page, or at least a few of them. On my main page, akeebai.com, I don’t want space between the main slider and ‘latest news’, I want people to be able to see a portion of those news items without scrolling.

I found the code using developer but I’m not sure what to change about it and where to put it.

I’m also having trouble making sure my sidebar is on each page – I want to have latest news on every page but on some its not showing up. Also I added an RSS feed to that sidebar and it only shows up on 1 or 2 pages.

I saw a few posts that were similar but none that allowed me to do that fix.

puppyzluv77

About the sidebars, I changed the layouts of pages like the staff and news into ones with right sidebars. I put my custom made news sidebar in there but they don’t show up. I see another question about the same issue with the “courses” section, and am trying to do something similar. Basically I want to always be able to see the latest news and upcoming events on each page people go to.

puppyzluv77
    This reply has been marked as private.
    puppyzluv77

About the sidebars, I changed the layouts of pages like the staff and news into ones with right sidebars. I put my custom made news sidebar in there but they don’t show up.

Raghavendra

There is a bug which makes the sidebars to not appear for department,staff,course pages. It has been fixed and we will submit an update in next 24 hours. You will receive a notification of the released update when it is approved by reviewers. Thanks.

Veena

You can adjust padding of segments to reduce the space between sections.
    Pls use the below custom CSS in themeoptions –

.segment {
    padding: 40px 0;
    }

Is the update available yet to fix the sidebar bug? The sidebar aren’t showing up on any pages either no matter what I do.

Raghavendra

The update has been submitted and you will see the updated version latest by Monday when it is approved by the reviewers. Thanks for your patience.

puppyzluv77

Thanks. Is updating the site just a matter of installation? It won’t mess anything else up?

Veena

Use the same procedure as when you installed the theme for the first time.
    Everything you did on your Dashboard won’t get overwriten, the files you’ve modified, however, will be replaced with the new files. I recommend that you save them in separate folders so you’ll have them at hand to reapply the changes.

I use this handy plugin for auto updates of all plugins and themes –

http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/

It makes a backup of the existing plugin/theme as well in the media folder so you can always revert back or refer to the earlier version. If you made any changes to the source files (instead of child theme), you will need to redo them of course no matter what method you use for updating. Hope this helps.

puppyzluv77

Thank you all for your hard work. I have updated my site, but still do not see the sidebar showing up on my staff page. Is there something I am not doing?

Raghavendra

I did change the layout mode in the theme options to have a sidebar and now the sidebar is showing. Have changed the sidebar to default and you can change it back to the custom sidebar of your choice. Looks like the option “Staff Layout” under “Layout Modes” was not set.

puppyzluv77

agh thanks!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Trying to decrease space’ is closed to new replies.