Translating blog/events and other words not included in .po?

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support Translating blog/events and other words not included in .po?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ixinho
    Participant

Hello,
    how can i translate words and sentences included on blog or events page? Everything i translated in .po template doesnt include those words, for example sidebar on blog (recent posts, recent comments) or Calendar words on Event page.

Thank you very much.

Raghavendra

You don’t need translation for Recent Posts, Recent Comments since you can edit the titles in the Appearance->Widgets when dropping the widgets into the sidebar.

Regarding the Calendar on Events Page, probably you should look at translation files in the plugin folder /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lang folder if you need to translate any elements on the events page. This page is auto-generated by Events Calendar plugin.

Ixinho
    Participant

Thank you for the answer meteorite.

I’m in the lang folder of events calendar plugin. Which .Po is the plugin using by default? There are many languages, and i don’t find language option in the plugin settings. Is it en-gb?
    However, in any .po i dont find words like monday/tuesday etc which i would like to translate. Also the title of the monthly events page is “Events for May 2016”, how could i change that? Thank you.

Veena
    Ixinho
    Participant

Ok, i managed to creat sr_SR po file just as my theme language is and the plugin recognizes it. However words like days, months, and events page title are not found in po file. Any idea where i can translate them>?

Ixinho
    Participant

these are the things i would like to get translated (see screenshot)

Ixinho
    Participant

These things in red circle as well. For example, event categery is found in .po file, but translation is not accepted so it looks like source is somewhere else . .

Ixinho
    Participant

I managed to translate days and months in locale.php but still havent managed to translate title for “Events for May 2016” all events and event category . .

Raghavendra

Can you pls check with Events Calendar support on this. They may be able to tell you quickly how to go about this. I did look at their code a bit but found the same quite involved and in the interests of time, pls check with them and see if they are able to help. Thanks.

Ixinho
    Participant

Will do. mark this one as resolved. Thank you

bfiratk

Did you solve this problem?

i have a title problem too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.