Top slider and dashboard gone

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    maboria

Hi,
    I have some trouble with my site; http://www.borettidesign.no. After the last wp updates my top slider looks completely awful and when I log into my wordpress admin page, everything is white/blank (!) So its hard to do anything..

I’ve checked the PHP version, and it is 5.4.45.

I tried to disable all plugins, that didn’t help. I think the problem is with the theme. As long as I switch to a different theme, the admin page comes back. So the dilemma is that if the theme is activated, the admin page can not be reached. But if other theme is activated, the site looks bad.

I have now hidden the ugly top slider on the home page, so as least the site doesn’t look broken.
    But I still have to figure out how to fix the admin page with the “Extinct” theme.

Please help me with this.

Raghavendra

As per the WordPress requirements, I would recommend at least PHP 5.6 or greater although the official recommended version is PHP 7 or higher! See here –

https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

I would recommend you upgrade to the latest version of the theme which supports PHP 7 completely and then get back to us if you still have trouble. Also pls make sure you move all customizations to the theme to a child theme.

maboria

Thank you for your reply.

The PHP upgrade might just solve the issue. So far it looks like the theme’s PHP code cannot run properly after WP upgrade.
    Maybe I need to contact the WebHotel people for a PHP upgrade to my hosting environment, and see what they say?

I haven’t done any customization to the PHP code of the theme, only customization to the css file. So I don’t think this would be an issue.

Raghavendra

Will look forward to hearing from you how the upgrade goes. Hope the theme and the PHP upgrade will resolve the issues.

maboria

Hi again,
    I have now updated to PHP 7.0 and the admin page is still blank 🙁
    Any idea what to try now? Update some codes?
    Tell me if you need my WordPress login and password.

Raghavendra

If you cannot login to the admin, I would need FTP as well as WordPress login. Can you once try to put brand new download of extinct into the themes folder. Pls do not rename the theme folder to extinctold – let it be extinct. I see that you are missing couple of files in the theme folder and there is a 404 error on the home page.

maboria

Hi again,
    I installed the theme again with the new 1st of April files, and now its back to normal!
    Great! Thank you! 🙂

Raghavendra

Glad it got resolved. It should have come as a relief after many days of frustration. Hope it will smooth sailing from now.

Pls install security plugin like WordFence to ensure no theme files are modified and you receive a notification if the files get modified for some reason.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.