Title Tag

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hey all!

I bought the SEO Tool by Yoast. I made a meta-title (Yoast calls it SEO title) and chose a seperator which will be placed in between the title and website name.

But now it shows “De #1 school in Den Haag voor een DJ of Producer Cursusikwillerendraaien.nl”
    Obviously it should be “…..Cursus | ikwillerendraaien.nl”
    See the attached file.

Contacted Yoast and they tell me that in some cases the Theme doesn’t support the Title Tag. They directed me to a forum where I saw that I should put add_theme_support( ‘title-tag’ ); in the functions.php. Did that, and the site wasn’t loading anymore, so clearly did something wrong.

Can somebody help me resolving this?

Thanks!

Veena

Can i get a temp login to your site (as a private msg)?

This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena
    Raghavendra

Pls download and update to the just released 3.3 version which fixed this issue. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Hi!

Thanks 🙂 Sounds great..
    But where do I download the update? Or do I just have to download the theme again like I did the first time?
    And where do I upload it? Sorry for these questions, but I don’t want to overwrite/erase all my current stuff. Better safe than sorry…. haha..

Raghavendra

Pls go through the following articles –

http://fitwp.com/docs/install-wordpress-theme-from-themeforest/

http://docs.rescuethemes.com/article/59-how-do-i-update-my-themeforest-theme

If you have made any changes to the theme files, pls make sure you move your code changes to the child theme since any theme updates would overwrite the parent theme.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.