Theme Update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jakub Ladra

Hi,

I didn’t find any thread that would fully describe a process of the theme upgrade so here is a new one.

I am not able to install it in the same way as I did it with the first version because of this:

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /var/www/clients/client2/web2/web/wp-content/themes/agile/

Theme install failed.

I tried to rename agile.zip to agile2-1.zip but without any progress.

I need to preserve all visuals, settings, plugins atc. that are set with my current version of your theme. Will it remain after the upgrade too?

Thanks for a prompt reply,

Jakub

Jakub Ladra
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

The settings, visuals and plugins will remain after the upgrade, no issues. Still it is recommended you do a DB backup prior to any upgrade.

I would suggest you login through cpanel, just rename the theme folder, compress and back it up just in case you need to restore it and FTP the new and updated theme folder to the server. It is as simple as replacing the files.

Jakub Ladra

Hi, this is what I also tried yesterday – I just copied new theme files via FTP. Wordress indicated the theme version 2.2 (weird, I thought the newest version is 2.1) but unfortunately the blog section didn’t load at all (just a loading icon appeared).

I also noticed a shortcode issue – when I clicked on shortcode icon in the editor (Add Theme Shortcode), the list of shortcodes was empty.

Thanks for your support.

Jakub

Raghavendra

I checked your install and you have 2.0 version loaded – it is quite an old version. The latest version is 2.2. Pls load the latest version to resolve the shortcode issue.

Jakub Ladra

As I wrote you… I already updated to 2.2 yesterday but both blog section and shortcodes didn’t work.

Therefore, I switched back to 2.0.

J.

Raghavendra

I will double check once again – did not see issues in my test installs. Will get back to you. At least the shortcodes issue should not occur since we tested it multiple times just to be sure.

Raghavendra

I would like to update your site to latest version myself – will delete and reupload the theme 2.2 version. If you have not made any code changes in theme files, pls give me a go-ahead. Thanks

Jakub Ladra

It would be great, thank you.

I didn’t made any code changes so far – I’m just using Custom CSS (Appearance – Theme Options – Custom CSS) but I assume it won’t be affected by the update.

Will you please further check whether the blog section and shortcode issue works properly?

Many thanks for your support.

J.

Raghavendra

OK will do. Will keep a backup of Custom CSS anyway although it won’t be affected. Thanks

Raghavendra

Done. Everything looking good including Blog and shortcode builder. Pls check. I just uploaded the latest version of Agile and made no changes.

Thanks

Jakub Ladra

The blog section is still weird… try to click on any post from the homepage and you will notice that – dark background with loading icon and nothing else…

The shortcode builder looks fine.

Thanks.

J.

Raghavendra

I checked again your install and there is a plugin which is causing this since when I deactivate all plugins, the screen comes up fine and there are no errors reported in the theme itself. For now, I disabled smooth page load (option in theme options->General tab) so that things should work normally but things can break with other plugins too if you do not identify the specific plugin causing this issue. The way to identify is to deactivate all and then activate one by one until you hit the issue. This particular plugin is making window load event in JS to not get called and hence the loading icon remains. Hope this helps.

Jakub Ladra

Thank you, I’ll go through all plugins to check them.

May I ask you to help me with the last issue – Ken Burns plugin doesn’t work (check Ken Burns page section within my website). Is it necessary to import it anyhow manually?

I get a following error:

Revolution Slider Error: Slider with alias kenburnsexport not found.

Maybe you mean: ‘slider1’

Thank you.

J.

Nexus

Hi,

I don’t see the Revolution Slider error on the homepage. You just don’t have to use that page section to not to see the error. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Theme Update’ is closed to new replies.