Sidebar on home page?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    djgritz

Hi! Wondering how I can get a sidebar in the content area on the home page below the slider? I have tried inserting the “get sidebar” code in the php template-home file, as well as the page-content-lite file, and even in the editor in wordpress. Nothing seems to make one materialize. Advice?

http://www.gritzphoto.com

Raghavendra

I can tell you how to do it but I feel better approach would be to use a different page template for home page. You can use Default Template which comes with the sidebar and then to insert the slider at the top, you can use the Custom Heading Options area at the bottom of the Page Edit window to insert the revolution slider shortcode (pls make sure option – “Custom Heading Content spans entire screen width” is checked).

Pls let me know if you see a problem with this.

djgritz

Thank you for this suggestion. I had thought of this solution, but I can’t find the shortcode for the Revolution slider in the documentation. I noticed on one of your example portfolio posts you use the short code “responsive slider”, which doesn’t seem like the same thing as the Revolution slider. Where may I find this short code?

djgritz

Duh, I just found it via the post menu items. Thanks for your help!

djgritz

Ok, I’m back. Using another template is not gonna work. The reason is I have some text that spans the entire content area just under the slider. See my home page here.

http://gritzphoto.com/

THEN under that is where I need contact and then a sidebar (with the current “About” section appearing as a sidebar – I really just want to be able to put a box around it). Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks!

djgritz

Just figured out how to make a box using the style sheet and not having to mess with the sidebars. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.