Show blogpost on front page

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anne Flakstad
    Participant

Hi!

I deleted all the theme pages, and now I would like to add the blogg feed back to the front page.What widget do I use for this?

Veena

Pls create a blog page using blog template and set front page in Settings > Reading.

Anne Flakstad
    Participant

Hi! I resolved it, but would now like to have an image over the blog heading. Do you have a shortcode for this?

See blog post

Anne Flakstad
    Participant

And i also have a problem with new portfolio post doesn’t display on the frontpage?

Veena

Can you pls share a temp login as a private reply?

Anne Flakstad
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

Share a link to your site, pls.

Anne Flakstad
    Participant
    Veena

I have added a test entry and it is showing up fine in home page .
    Can you pls update all the portfolio entries and check?

Anne Flakstad
    Participant

I have goen through all of them, I dont know what is wrong? it is still not working. If I duplicate the last
    portfolio entry it shows up, but then it is two entries in the portfolio page.

Can you please tell me how you made the last one show? And can you try to have all the ones that is in the
    portfolio atm show, without adding a new item, I belive it is a bug somewhere?

thanks!

Veena

I don’t see any issue. Atpresent one portfolio item is hiding behind the first item (dark background) and that ll count as one out of specified count.

If you don’t need that to be hidden then pls use the below custom CSS –

.portfolio-link-item .portfolio-link-wrap {
        background: transparent;
    }

Or you can remove the more work link and it should show up fine.

Anne Flakstad
    Participant

so what you are saying is that it is not possible to display the last portfolio item in the portfolio mash on the front page? if I dont remove the referanse box?

This seams wrong to me. I would think everyone likes to show their last work on the front page when it is published. Maybe you should look into this, or at least have the oldes one hiding there.

Veena

If you want to keep the our work link then you can choose a placeholder portfolio item as the first one.
    Or you can get rid of the Our Work portion and display all portfolio items by omitting portfolio link.

Anne Flakstad
    Participant

But the placeholder portfolio item will show on the full portfolio page. Or is it a way to hide this?

Raghavendra

Anne – at present, there isn’t an easy way to hide this in the full portfolio page. I agree – this isn’t an ideal way if you want to highlight the most recent portfolio entry in home page. Omitting the portfolio link will help display the most recent one in home page.

In home page, I would suggest you can then add a button at the bottom of the portfolio with a link to the portfolio page. We use this all the time in our other themes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Wired Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.