Selections in "Advanced Entry Options" not saved with page

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support Selections in "Advanced Entry Options" not saved with page

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    brosiusad

I installed Agile in a test site and all was working well. I then installed it in our production site and switched the theme over to agile. Most things are working, except when I set try to turn on the Revolution Slider for a Page in the “Advanced Entry Options” section and then press Update, the slider will show on the page. However, the edit screen for the page “forgets” these settings. As a result, if you make another change (or no change at all), then Update again, the slider doesn’t show up; it’s back to the default title header.

So, these options (and maybe more?) aren’t getting saved when the page is updated.

Originally there were different sets of plugins on both sites, but I just made sure that they were identical on both…and this problem still occurs.

Thanks for your help.

brosiusad
    This reply has been marked as private.
    brosiusad

One more thing to mention. It may or may not be related to this issue. On the test site, when I click a page link from the All Pages list, it loads the “Backend Editor” for VC by default. But when I do the same on the live site, it loads the “Classic Editor”. Again, don’t know if it’s related at all.

Raghavendra

We created a draft test page on the site and seems to have no such issues. The VC editor stayed across updates and all the entries made in the Advanced Entry options were saved across multiple edits/updates. I did publish the test page momentarily for testing purposes and had no issues either. Moved back to draft status now.

Can you pls check and verify if this issue is specific to a particular page or is it across all of them? Again, looks like any new page you created does not suffer from this issue.

Raghavendra

Also, you may temporarily enable WP_DEBUG mode in wp-config.php once and check if there are any errors being reported. Also, pls check the error log in the root folder of the installation.

brosiusad

Thanks for doing those tests. No, it doesn’t happen on all pages. Looks like just the Front Page so far. I turned on DEBUG. No logs, no errors.

But I just did some tests and was able to reproduce the wonkiness. First test: I created a brand new page and copied the “content” from the messed up page to the new page, then set the Advanced options. The problem persists. Sometimes edits would leave the Advanced options as I had set them, but other times changes to things in the Yoast WP SEO plugin fields would cause the Advanced options to be lost. Oh, and the Classic editor was still showing.

Second test: same new page, but deleted all content. Just a blank page. I set the Yoast settings to what I want and selected the Rev slider under Advanced options. So far so good; that is, the VC “backend” editor shows by default and making changes to the Yoast settings and pressing Update multiple times is all good. Then I started recreating the home page, by hand, using the “backend” editor. I got about halfway down the page and all was good (updating each time and checking the page to see if it was ok). The Advanced options were being saved; the VC editor loaded by default. THEN, I added a “Testimonials Slider” widget and all heck broke loose. Not only did the VC editor revert back to Classic, and the Advanced options were lost, but the PAGE TITLE was changed. And it was changed to the name of one of the Testimonials entries. Really weird stuff. After this, I kept going and added some more stuff to the page. Deleting the Testimonials Slider actually didn’t fix the issues. I also had to delete the components I had added after it (a Row containing a Heading and a Post Snippets Carousel) to restore proper functioning of the page. Now that those are gone, I’m back to the VC editor loading properly, the Advanced options being preserved and the page title not getting auto-changed.

Does that help? Some kind of corruption introduced by the Testimonials Slider component?

Raghavendra

Thanks for doing the research for me. That helps a lot. I did a quick check on couple of my servers regarding this and could not reproduce it and hence not sure how this can happen.

Meanwhile, can you pls check if adding the testimonials shortcode in text block element helps avoid this issue.

[responsive_slider type="testimonials2" animation="slide" control_nav="true" direction_nav=false pause_on_hover="true" slideshow_speed=4500]

[testimonials post_count=4 testimonial_ids="234,235,236"]

[/responsive_slider]

or

[responsive_slider type="testimonials2" animation="slide" control_nav="true" direction_nav=false pause_on_hover="true" slideshow_speed=4500]

[testimonials2 post_count=4 testimonial_ids="234,235,236"]

[/responsive_slider]

Pls change the testimonial ids to the post ids of custom post type Testimonials.

brosiusad

OK, I tried this on my test page. I created a new Row that contained a Text Block. I pasted in the first code snippet you provided and changed the id to match the (one) Testimonial post I have.

Before pressing “Update”, I Previewed the page. Looked good (as expected). Then I went back and pressed Update. After the page auto-refreshed, now all of a sudden, the VC editor doesn’t load by default (loads the classic editor), and the Advanced options to display my Rev slider have been cleared. At least the page title didn’t change! But anyway, it’s now fubarred again.

Thoughts on what to try next? Thanks!

brosiusad

Update to my last reply…

So I just manually reset the Advanced Options and made one other change to the shortcode in the Text Block and pressed Update.

Now my page title (permalink) is screwed up again! The permalink has captured the title of the Testimonial post!?!?! See the screenshot. It should say “test-home” (the name of the page). Totally weird behavior.

Here’s the shortcode I used:
    [responsive_slider type="testimonials2" animation="slide" control_nav="true" direction_nav=false pause_on_hover="true" slideshow_speed=4500] [testimonials post_count=1 testimonial_ids="575"] [/responsive_slider]

Raghavendra
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

I tested in my installation with your content multiple times and had no issues. Then I disabled a few plugins like advance fields, advance tinymce editor etc. in your installation and the problem went away in your wordpress installation too. I did reactivate some again to reproduce the error but could not reproduce the same. Can you pls check if things look better now? And if you are able to reproduce this again, pls disable plugins one at a time to see which one caused the issue.

brosiusad

Interesting discovery. Thanks for doing that. I just went in to turn some plugins back on. The first one I turned on was the Yoast “WordPress SEO” plugin and that was all it took to reproduce the error. So I can’t rule out that other plugins wouldn’t cause the same error, the error is in fact reproducible by re-activating the Yoast plugin.

Once again, this does not happen in the test site, on which the WP SEO plugin is also installed and active. Nor does it happen on every page in the home (www) site.

Since WP SEO is a really popular plugin, I wonder if there’s any way for you to continue to investigate why there is a conflict between Agile and this plugin? I have to turn it back on, so I will not have a decent workaround for the issue.

Raghavendra

I understand, will take a look and get back to you on what I find. Thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.