search bar in header and site is not scrollable with mouse in chrome

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support search bar in header and site is not scrollable with mouse in chrome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sujoy Banerjee
    Participant

Hi,
    After installing the theme and setting up the demo content,there r 2 issues :

1. I need to show a search field somewhere on the header , currently there is none in the demo
    2. pages r not scrollable with mouse while on Chrome / Opera ; fully scrollable with mouse if on firefox

Sujoy Banerjee
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

1. Can you pls go through this thread –
    https://support.livemeshthemes.com/forums/topic/how-do-i-insert-a-search-box-on-the-header/

2.Can you all pls Disable Smooth Scroll in General tab of theme options and see if that helps resolve the issue? The setting named ‘Disable Smooth Scroll’ in the General tab applies to Chrome only.

We will address this issue in the next theme update.

Sujoy Banerjee
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply .
    1. I have created the search box as the instruction given on the link . But i had to edit core theme files ; Is there any way i can create the search box through child theme by modifying the header file or something in the child theme

2. Disabling smooth scroll fixed the scrolling issue on chrome / opera .

Veena

1.Yes pls use child theme.
    You just override the methods in the parent file in your child theme functions.php
    ie, copy the entire function mo_display_top_header_area() {} and add it to your child theme functions.php file and thus it will override the method defined in the parent theme file.

This way you don’t have to have the whole file in your child theme – just the methods you need to change would suffice.

Sujoy Banerjee
    Participant

thx 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘search bar in header and site is not scrollable with mouse in chrome’ is closed to new replies.