Revolution Slider : Full Height Layer Issue

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support Revolution Slider : Full Height Layer Issue

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    gregeva

I have been working on a [sweet] slider with the included Slider Revolution.

I am using the Layer functionality (new to 5.1 I think) and the layer object is set to take up the sliders entire height. However what is in fact happening is that it goes far beyond the sliders height.

The Site In Question

Am I doing something wrong here? Could you please help me out here?

Cheers,

Greg

Veena

I don’t see any issue. Have you resolved this?

gregeva

No it is not resolved.

I thought that the image spoke for itself, but I guess not.

I have annotated it in order for it to be clearer for you.

Veena

Can you pls share a temp login to your site as a private msg?

gregeva

Sure thing.

Please provide me an e-mail address and I will setup an account for you.

Veena
    This reply has been marked as private.
    gregeva

OK – account is created – you should have received an e-mail.

Regards,

Greg

Nexus

I am just repeating the same reply I gave couple of days back to you in Freshdesk just in-case if you missed it.

———

I see no issue here. Even though you have set the grid size in the Revolution Slider settings to 1024 x 475, since you are using the extinct theme which has it’s own grid system(1140 grid), the layers are automatically resized to 1140 px width and corresponding height.

Every theme has it’s own grid system and Revolution slider adjusts to that grid system. The only instance where the layer size remains 1024 x 475 px will be in themes that uses 960 grid.

Hope that helps. Thanks.

gregeva

Hi there, thanks for your response.

I did not receive anything from this Freshdesk that you are referring to.

Unfortunately your response doesn’t help me. I don’t understand why you are talking about the grid system and ratios. I am not questioning anything about what those sizes are, are calculated, or laid out.

The issue for me is very clear and I hope that you can perhaps look at it in a different light in order to understand it.

THE FACTS: The full-height shape drawn inside the slider is 393×600, yet the slider itself is 1140×552.

THE QUESTION: How can the full-height shape be higher than the slider itself and how do I resolve this?

Raghavendra

I am sorry – we did take a look at the slider in Firefox, Safari and Chrome and nowhere the issue is seen. I do not see any image overflow – moving out of slider height. In fact, I checked the contents of the slider in Developer tools and the slot holder which manages the layers is well within the bounds of the slider. We checked the slider in both Windows as well as Mac. Can you pls tell us how to replicate the issue you are depicting in the screenshot above. The slider looks absolutely fine in all of our browsers. Pls help.

gregeva

If you do not know how to reproduce the issue, it would be more constructive if you would simply say that and ask how it can be done instead of responding saying that there is no problem at all.

Please understand that I do not know what your troubleshooting and support processes are, so you’ll have to direct me in regards to what you need to know in order to assist on issues.

The shape in question is not visible by default, so you must click on either the telephone or calendar icon on the left side of the slider in order for it to appear. Please try this, and let me know if you are still unable to reproduce.

I am consistently seeing this in iOS Safari, Linux Firefox, and Mac OS X Firefox.

Nexus

There is a simple setting called “Overflow Hidden” which I turned ON and everything looks fine now. Just check once and let me know.

gregeva

Excellent! Simple solutions are good ones.

I confirm that it is working as one would expect. Thank you for your help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Revolution Slider : Full Height Layer Issue’ is closed to new replies.