Replace Team Profiles with text?

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support Replace Team Profiles with text?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Silverfan

Hi again 🙂

I want to replace the TeamProfiles section with text.

for example were can i find and change the text of “ABOUT” i can only change text after ABOUT

and can i move the text to be displayed or start were the featured image is, so the slides that i dont want to display the picture of a member, i can simply have it filled with text content instead?

In google chrome i can change/remove the text in dev tools, although there is no option to save there, and i cannot locate the source pages to change manually.

Thanks!

Raghavendra

You need to edit the file {theme folder}/framework/shortcodes.team-shortcodes.php at line number 175. Edit this line –

You will need to edit this file to make other changes you desire. Although it is a PHP file, much of the code is in HTML format and you should be able to make some changes there. You can override the shortcode in the child theme if you do not want to modify the core theme files.

If you do not want to mess with source files and changes are minimal, you can use the Custom CSS in the theme options panel – Custom CSS tab to make some changes like hiding the text or image etc –

.team-slider-profiles .member-title { display: none; }

or if you need to hide the image –

.team-slider-profiles .team-member { display: none; }

Silverfan

Yeah, it worked out fine with adding it in the Custom CSS.

However, if i want to move the text from right to left?

last problem is, if i want to make the entire slide section text.

now the right section is texted while the left section is empty (were the team profile was displayed) so how can i have text on “both” section.

the idea is to have information there, but in pure text

Raghavendra

To make the text occupy the entire area, you can just remove the column styling sixcol used in the file mentioned above. If you are going the edit the file anyway, you can delete the entire first div with class sixcol housing the image and remove the sixcol from the other one which has text.

If you do not want to edit the parent file, you can copy over the file contents to functions.php of child theme or custom-functions.php file in the parent theme itself and then edit the contents from there. Just make sure you change the name of the shortcode and the method like this –

add_shortcode('my_team_slider', 'my_team_slider_shortcode');

function my_team_slider_shortcode($atts, $content = null, $shortcode_name = "") {
    }

Silverfan
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

Can you check if it is better now? Made the second block on the right to occupy full width. Pls have a look at the custom CSS I entered in the Custom CSS tab.

.team-slider-profiles .sixcol { width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Also, the height of the slider will be equal to that of the slide with highest height (the last slide in your case).

Silverfan

Noted that! Its perfect.

yeah i figured that, anyway its exactly the function that i needed.
    prompt replies and problem solving from you guys. That’s highly appreciated!

Thanks once again

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Replace Team Profiles with text?’ is closed to new replies.