Replace "Get this App" button image with standard Apple Button image

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Appdev Theme Support Replace "Get this App" button image with standard Apple Button image

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    FASupport

I would like to change the image on the “Get the App” button in the header with the standard Apple “Download from the App Store” image. How can this be accomplished? There was a post on this forum from 3/3/2014 that recommended adding some code to the custom/custom-function.php file and custom CSS. This did not work for me. If this is still the recommended approach, please provide the code for the complete custom/custom-function.php file and not just the changes. Thanks.

Raghavendra

Pls have this in your child theme functions.php file derived from overriding function defined at line number 655 to 659 in framework/functions/utility-functions.php folder –

Pls look at the last line of this function. Have attached below the function to insert in the child theme.

FASupport

Thanks for the quick response. I am not familiar with php. Does the new function need to be placed in specific spot within the functions.php file? Please note where the function should be placed below:

<?php

add_action(‘wp_loaded’, ‘child_create_objects’, 11);

function child_create_objects() {

}

$shortcodes_path = get_stylesheet_directory() . ‘/framework/shortcodes/’;

include_once($shortcodes_path . ‘contact-shortcodes.php’);

?>

Thanks.

FASupport

A couple more questions came to me after posting the last response:

1) In the install instructions there is no mention of the child theme. What is this used for?

2) There is a custom-functions.php file in the appdev/custom folder. The comments in the file indicate it is used to override theme functionality. Will the function sent work if placed in this file?

Raghavendra

1) More information about child theme here –

https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

I strongly recommend you use a child theme instead of custom-functions.php since any update to the theme will wipe off changes done in custom-functions.php.

2) Pasting the above code in custom-functions.php will not work since it is called after the function is defined. It can be used mainly for defining hooks and filters and not for overriding.

Child theme functions.php is called prior to parent theme loading the function and hence would override the same.

FASupport

I copied the appdev-child folder (from the installation download) to the wp-content/themes folder. The functions.php in the appdev-child file was changed per the recommendation (copy of file with changes attached). However, the original button image is still visible. It appears that the original function is still executing. Any suggestions for next steps?

Raghavendra

Can I get temp FTP access to the site as a private message here so that I can take a look? Editing PHP files through WordPress admin is problematic – a single typo can bring the entire site down and hence need FTP access.

FASupport
    This reply has been marked as private.
    FASupport
    Raghavendra

I don’t see the URL for the page. Can you pls provide the same? Sorry about the delay.

FASupport
    Raghavendra

I am unable to reach that server either through my browser or through FTP client. If you are not sure what the problem could be, pls post temp login to WordPress admin and I will do my best to manage with the same. Thanks

FASupport
    Raghavendra

I am sorry – cannot connect through ftp or browser. How do we actually connect to this server? Can you send me some more information like a screenshot of the tool you used to successfully connect to this server, provided server information you posted is correct.

FASupport
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘Replace "Get this App" button image with standard Apple Button image’ is closed to new replies.