Really slow admin panel

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

HI, I’ve just downloaded the Squash theme and I’m beginning to set it up, but the theme admin panel is incredibly slow. Everything I do, there’s a 30 second delay between responses. The rest of the dashboard is working fine. Any idea why?

livemesh
    Keymaster

Have not experienced this before and not sure why this would happen. I will need to take a closer look. Pls reply as a private message here with the site URL and a temporary login to the WordPress dashboard and I can take a look. You may also email me the same (see bottom right box in my profile page). Thanks.

This reply has been marked as private.
    livemesh
    Keymaster

Hey – the options panel looks super smooth to me here. I am able to open the tabs, save settings all that within no time. I checked it in both Firefox as well as Chrome. Can you pls tell what is your browser and OS where you are experiencing this? Thanks!

Yeah it’s the latest version of Safari on the latest version of Mac OSX. I’ll try another browser…

It’s Safari. It’s fine in other browsers.

Cheers for looking into it for me.

livemesh
    Keymaster

I hope you are ok with using the other browsers now. My initial analysis says that it is probably due to the large Google fonts select boxes in the Fonts tab (contains about 500 items). Pls let me know if we need to find a workaround for this. I can just suggest a way to get rid of those extra font selections. Since this issue is currently with Safari only and may get fixed with updates to the new OS, I do not want to make too many changes now. Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Squash Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.