Problem with video thumbnail

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lunalady

Hello,
    I have a post for which I am trying to set a video thumbnail. I tick the box and paste in the YouTube URL however when I view the post from the homepage the video does not load. It is an empty black YouTube video player with a video of 0.00 length.
    I can get the video to embed in the post itself (using the shortcode) but I want to use a video thumbnail the same way a feature image would be used.

Many thanks for your help!

Raghavendra

I hope I am getting this right – are you suggesting that you are trying to insert a thumbnail to a video with no content in it (0:00 length)? I do not know how this would work. I would suggest you use create a image thumbnail for this post with a video play button in the middle to suggest that this post is a video post. You would set this as the featured image like like you would for any other post.

If I am not getting this right, pls reply as a private message here with the site URL and a temporary login to the WordPress dashboard and I can take a look.

lunalady
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Nexus

Hi,

The login you have sent doesn’t have proper rights. Please give the login admin rights so that I can take a look and also if necessary I would like to see the files in the theme directory as well. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.