Problem with tabgroup and show post snippets shortcodes

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support Problem with tabgroup and show post snippets shortcodes

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    maxellmarcus

Hello,

In our website the courses are divided by category. I want include each category into one tab, but as in the example, all the categories except the first don’t working.

http://www.scuoladipaloalto.ch/department/supply-chain-copy/

Thanks in advance

Veena

Can you pls share a temp login to your site as a private message?

maxellmarcus
    This reply has been marked as private.
    maxellmarcus
    Veena

Pls provide admin rights .

maxellmarcus
    Veena

We will get back to you shortly .

maxellmarcus

Is there a conflict between the shortcodes?

Raghavendra

The shortcodes are processed fine and in fact after opening a tab, if you resize the browser, you can see that the post snippets line up correctly in any tab. The issue is due to Javascript not being applied to a tab when it is hidden from view using display: none CSS. Since it is effectively out of DOM, the JS does not run on the contents of the tab which is not shown.

This problem would remain with any other tab implementation. I would suggest you go for a list instead of tab. Have you tried this with the toggle shortcode and see if that works for you?

maxellmarcus

The toggle shortcode gives the same problem. I will choose a simple list for the courses.
    Anyway, thank you!

maxellmarcus

I think this issue gives problems for theme usability. I would suggest you to find a solution for this because is a pity for the functionality of the theme.

Raghavendra

Fixing this complicates the design of the tab and the theme. On each tab click we would need to trigger a global change event that should make the whole JS file to be executed. This is not just an issue of post snippets and tab but also that of any other content that relies on JS like the stats, portfolio etc. that potentially can be inserted into a tab or accordion.

I logged in and added this piece of code at line number 494 of js/main.js file –

from

$("ul.tabs").tabs(".pane");

to

$("ul.tabs").tabs(".pane", {
            onClick: function(event, tabIndex) {
                var html_content = $('.js-isotope');
                // layout Isotope again after all images have loaded
                html_content.imagesLoaded(function () {
                    html_content.isotope('layout');
                });
            }
        });

and this test page on your site look good now –

http://www.scuoladipaloalto.ch/test-page/

maxellmarcus

Thank you very much. Now works fine and the courses displaying is more attractive then a simple list!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with tabgroup and show post snippets shortcodes’ is closed to new replies.