problem set homepage courses

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    wbwebbrand

hello I put the template at this link

http://www.webagencytorino.info/english
    I would like the part where right now there are news that is called

“I NOSTRI CORSI” There were the main subjects of the courses and not news. What should I change? Thank you

Veena

You can use the same post snippets carousel shortcode , you just need to change post_type=”course” .

[post_snippets_carousel id="course-carousel" post_type="course" navigation="true" post_count=6 image_size='medium' display_title=true show_meta=true display_summary=true show_excerpt="true" excerpt_count=10 hide_thumbnail="false" navigation="true"]

wbwebbrand

Perfect, but I would like them to appear the categories of courses, how can I do? Thank you

Raghavendra

If you are asking about how to filter by categories, you can add the following attributes –

taxonomy – (string) Custom taxonomy to be used for filtering the posts/custom post types displayed.
    terms – (string) The terms of taxonomy specified (the slugs of the taxonomy terms).

to the shortcode above as in the below example.

[post_snippets_carousel id="course-carousel" post_type="course" navigation="true" post_count=6 image_size='medium' display_title=true show_meta=true display_summary=true show_excerpt="true" excerpt_count=10 hide_thumbnail="false" navigation="true" taxonomy="course_category" terms="maths,physics"]

wbwebbrand

I wish there were only the categories of courses and courses such as “adults, children, companies” etc …

Raghavendra

I am not sure I understand what you are looking for. The code posted by me helps to achieve the same – will help restrict the carousel to certain course categories only. I hope I am getting your requirement right. Pls clarify with an example if I am talking about something else than what you need here.

wbwebbrand

So if you go to this page, see the two categories of courses

http://www.webagencytorino.info/english/our-courses/

who call themselves “Bambini”, “Ragazzi”
    I would like the blocks that are not already in home courses but only course categories, so instead of there being written at this link

http://www.webagencytorino.info/english/

“C2” “Inglese is fun” etc .. I wish there was written “Bambini”, “Ragazzi” etc …

wbwebbrand

you have a solution to the question above?

Raghavendra

In line number 527 of framework/functions/post-functions.php file, pls replace with

$output .= '';

and see if that helps.

wbwebbrand

Hello, I am attaching a photo where I’ll explain what I meanSchermata

Raghavendra

Looks like you are trying to list the categories of courses to help users navigate to different categories of courses. In the above case, you cannot use the [show_post_snippets] since it is meant for displaying posts and not post categories.

Getting what you want to achieve is not possible directly in WordPress since the categories do not support featured image, custom fields etc. to display information about the categories.

I would instead suggest you try to write custom HTML which can help display categories of courses in a image grid and you can then let the users navigate to the various course categories. You can take the HTML source from the page that displays posts and then modify the same to display category information instead of post information.

wbwebbrand

hi, it’s too complicated for me, I thought you could put in a more simple categories rather than classes …

wbwebbrand

you can at least tell me how to put it all in Italian? There are many sections which are in English, although the site is set as the Italian language

Raghavendra

You can learn from http://www.solostream.com/blog/tutorials/translate-wordpress-theme/ about translating your site into your language.

Pls use the pot files in ‘invent/languages’ folder as a template to create .po files. http://www.poedit.net/ -Poedit is the popular free editor for creating .po and the corresponding binary .mo files.

You may need to do an update in POEdit to see all the strings. Do reach out to us in case you find something that is not translation ready.

wbwebbrand

OK perfect.
    So there are other issues on the site:
    1: In the inside pages the title of the page is cut from the top.
    attach image 01.jpg
    2: The second entry must be completed in its course in this case is called “Livello” appears on the site, why?
    Attach image 02.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘problem set homepage courses’ is closed to new replies.