Portfolio thumbnails

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    aheals

So I’ve imported the demo site settings and trying to put my content into the portfolio (3 column sortable), I’ve added new content to the portfolio tab and it displays perfectly on it’s own, by the portfolio page with the previews show the sort tabs with no content, am I missing something?
    My portfolio page is using the [show_portfolio number_of_columns=3 post_count=12 image_size=’medium’] shortcode on the page.

Should I be adding content somewhere else for this shortcode to pull items or should it do it directly from my portfolio entries?
    Cheers,

livemesh
    Keymaster

Can you increase the post_count (make it equal to the total number of portfolio entries you see in the Portfolio tab in WP Admin) and see if that brings your portfolio entry into the list? If you still have trouble, pls leave a private reply with a temporary login to your page and I can have a look. Pls indicate which entry you were having trouble with. Thanks!

aheals

Hi, I’ve removed the shortcode because it was adding 2 sets of “sort by” tabs on the page. I’m now using the default “portfolio 3 column sorted full width” from the page attribute template. Still no change.

I also tried changing [show_portfolio number_of_columns=3 post_count=12 image_size=’medium’] to post_count=14 which is total in portfolio and still no change.

aheals
    This reply has been marked as private.
    aheals

Did the private reply work livemesh?

livemesh
    Keymaster

Yes it does – looking into the issue. Thanks!

livemesh
    Keymaster

Your problem will be solved by setting the featured image for each portfolio item as shown below –

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9j6FQo4cSQFVHVBdkpBaXhFeUE/edit?usp=drivesdk

Pls have a look at your site and you should see your portfolio items now. Pls do not use the shortcode on the page templates which start with name ‘Portfolio ….’. Thanks

BTW – the sample data import should have set the featured image for each of the portfolio item imported. May be the images were deleted or the import was interrupted ( you should have the import attachments option checked when importing).

aheals

excellent, thanks for your help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.