Portfolio problems

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    fernandomoraes
    Participant

Hi!

I’m facing two problems with portfolio.

1)on home page, if if select a portfolio categorie, i ca’t see all itens in this categorie, but if I click on more work, and them select the same portfolio categorie, it will show all portfolio itens.

You can simulate what I’m talking in http://www.mariasarteeventos.com.br

click on “Trabalhos” and after select “Casamento” -> You will see just one item.
    now, click on “MAIS TRABALHOS”, after page loaded, click on “Casamento”, now you will see 6 itens.

2)I have 7 itens on “Casamento” categorie.
    If click on “Trabalhos” (home page menu), and after click on “MAIS TRABALHOS”, and finally select “Casamento”, you will see 6 itens and after click on page 2 (or next page button – to see the 7° iten), you will receive “Error 404”.
    Whats wrong? Why page 2 dosen’t exists?

Raghavendra

To fix the 404 error, pls visit Settings->Permalinks in WordPress admin and hit save. That should resolve the 404 issue.

To fix the first issue, you will need to increase the post_count parameter value in the shortcode since the shortcode just pulls only the number of items you specify and not more and does not pull items on clicking the category buttons but populates whatever is already loaded (in your case 6 items). The shortcode is meant to serve as a way to pull in some sample data and display the same to entice the user to hit the more button to see more items. Hope this helps.

fernandomoraes
    Participant

Hello meteorite!

You already help me before…

About visit Settings->Permalinks in WordPress admin and hit save, didn’t work as expected.

The first issue, solved!

Raghavendra

Can you provide me a temp login so that I can take a look? Not sure why this is happening.

fernandomoraes
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

Fixed the 404 error. But had to set the value of number of posts per page in Settings->Reading to 6 to make it generate the pages since the current setting of 8 makes wordpress to not generate the second page since there are only 7 items in that category.

This seems to be a known issue with wordpress taxonomy pages. Just search for “wordpress category archive pagination 404” in Google for more information on this.

fernandomoraes
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Portfolio problems’ is closed to new replies.