Portfolio Categories

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jhodgski

My portfolio seems to be displaying fine on my filterable-portfolio page, but I am getting this warning displayed repeatedly on the same page…

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in P:\Program Files\EasyPHP-12.1\www\mwe2014\wp-content\themes\agile\framework\functions\portfolio-functions.php on line 73

…It seems to be displayed 3 times more than the number of portfolio items currently on display – e.g., if 2 portfolio images are in the currently selected category, then the warning message will show 5 times.

Maybe this is related to my other problem which is the Portfolio section on my home page… Basically, some portfolio images are not shown at all (whereas they all displayed fine on my filterable-portfolio page.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

Raghavendra

The specific error is due to portfolio category not being set for the portfolio item. Until I get this fixed, can you pls make sure the portfolio category is set for all the portfolio items?

Also looks like you are developing on a local box. It is hard to support since I won’t be able to login and see the issue. Can you pls setup a test/dev server online and I can take a look if you send me a temp login to the site. Certain things may break in local machine due to security issues and hence having a setup online while you develop locally would really help. Thanks.

jhodgski

Thanks for the quick reply. The first issue is now fixed, thanks.

Re the second issue, I’ll upload to a server hopefully later today and get back to you.

Cheers.

jhodgski
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

The issue is resolved, we just need to increase the number of items in the shortcode for the page section Portfolio this way –

[show_portfolio number_of_columns=”3″ post_count=”15″ image_size=”square”]

I changed the post_count=15 from the initial value of 6. You can increase this value in case, you want to display more number of items on the home page or show a sample of them and have the rest shown in a page linked from “More Work” button. Thanks

Raghavendra

The first issue fix will be part of upcoming update. Thanks.

jhodgski

Thanks, but that doesn’t really fix it as I don’t want 15 portfolio images shown on my home page – I want a maximum of 6 to be displayed. But I don’t want that to act as a cut-off so that other items cannot be shown when the user click on one of the Portfolio Category buttons…

Is there some way you could make it implementable like this…
    [show_portfolio number_of_columns="3" post_count="all" max_display="6" image_size="square"]
    …so that all the Portfolio items are made available, but no more than 6 are displayed at any one time?

Thanks,
    James

Raghavendra

James,

Sorry for getting back to you late – we are moving to new servers this week (took longer than expected) and also the latest update kept us busy.

The scenario you are describing is unfortunately not possible at present. And I am not sure how we can implement it either. You will need to display all the items initially if they have to be available for display when the user clicks the buttons.

jhodgski

OK, thanks for confirming. I’ve taken the filter controls off then by using this code instead in my Portfolio Section…

[show_post_snippets post_type=”portfolio” number_of_columns=”3″ post_count=”6″ image_size=”medium” display_text=”true” show_excerpt=”false” hide_thumbnail=”false”]

Would you be able to bring in the functionality as described in the near future as it would be very nice to have the filter controls on the home page without my entire portfolio range being initially displayed?

Raghavendra

Again what you describe is not possible technically. I have some changes coming next week where you will be able to manage a large portfolio of items with multiple categories. This will be a separate portfolio page though with pagination and not in a single page as page section. Stay tuned.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.