Pagination with post snippets

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lwrkrol

Hi, I use post snippets in a page like this:
    [show_post_snippets layout_class=”” post_type=”post” taxonomy=”category” terms=”algemeen” number_of_columns=”3″ post_count=”6″ display_title=”true” display_summary=”true” show_excerpt=”true” excerpt_count=”50″ show_meta=”false” image_size=”small” hide_thumbnail=”false” title=”” no_margin=”false”]

My post_count has a max of 6 but there are more then 6 posts to show, is there a way to add pagination?

Veena

In the shortcode itself you can give a higher value post_count and also you can change the number of columns. Pls check the shortcode in themedocumentation,

lwrkrol

Does not change anything. Whether I use 1,2 or 3 columns, no pagination. I have more than 3 posts in this category so when I change post count to 3, there is still no pagination.

Veena

Pls share a link to the specific page section with a temp login to your site as a private reply, we will take a look.

lwrkrol
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena
    This reply has been marked as private.
    lwrkrol

Hi, thanks for your support but the question was not regarding the amounts of postst shown but when I select 3 posts per page and there are more then 3 posts availaibel, the page is not showing any pagination.

Raghavendra

The pagination function is not available with [show_post_snippets] or any other shortcodes bundled in the theme. I am not even sure that can be done reliably in WordPress since it may conflict the existing pagination on the page itself. Shortcodes are part of a page and it would look really confusing if you had clicked on a page number inside the page and it reloaded the page to display part of the page. Imagine doing the same on second page of the page (ex: open second page of my shortcode on the third page of the page containing the shortcode) and users can get confused as to how this all works.

You will need to use custom page templates for the specific custom post types (Staff, Courses, Blog etc.) that come with the theme for pagination.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.