My website has been blocked

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daria Kolowca
    Participant

Hi,
    I just got information from my customer that the website has been blocked. When I logged in I have noticed some additional user and none of us added him. I removed him but I still can’t export the website by migration plugin and I don’t know how to put the website back. I informed customer before about SSL certificate but he ignored my advice. If he will instal SSL certificate now it will help to resolve the problem and the website will be fixed automatically?

Thank you for your help.
    Regards,
    Daria

http://smart-decor.uk/
    Login: smartdecor
    Password: smartdecor

Raghavendra

Pls change your passwords immediately and use a combination of caps, special characters and of sufficient length (at least about 10-12 characters). Use the passwords recommended by WordPress itself. At present they are too weak and easy for bots to guess. That should be the first step. SSL can help but if you leave the passwords same as before, you are going to be as vulnerable as before.

Also use a plugin like Login Lockdown – https://wordpress.org/plugins/login-lockdown/ so that a bot cannot keep sending login requests to your site. You can consider other security plugins like wordfence too which can suggest where your site is vulnerable.

Raghavendra

Pls use the Generate Password button to generate new password and keep them somewhere safe and secure so that you don’t lose the same.

Daria Kolowca
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Daria Kolowca
    Participant
    Daria Kolowca
    Participant
    Raghavendra
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.