More LiveMesh Grid Problems

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ryanhayden

Hi,

I have come across a couple of new problems.

1. When pagination is turned on and ‘Paged’ is selected rather than ‘Load More’ the pagination creates page numbers for every single page, So for example if I have hundreds of posts the pagination page numbers expand well off the page as it create a page number for ever single page rather than for example 1,2,3,4,5,… it is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and so on.

2. The second problem is finding a way of reducing or setting the excerpt for all posts, rather than having to create one of a certain length for each and every post. Is there a way of doing this?

Many Thanks,
    Ryan

Raghavendra

I understand the issue you bring up. The grid plugin, I am afraid, may not be idle solution if you need to display hundreds of posts. A simple blog page template with regular wordpress pagination is what would meet your needs.

The grid widget is useful where you want to display a bunch of posts on a page as a teaser of posts you have in the blog page. If you have too many posts, you need to apply some form of filter (category filter probably or just display most recent 30-40 blog posts) and then show a ‘More Button’ at the bottom which takes the user to the complete blog page with regular wordpress pagination(with page refresh) displaying hundreds of posts you have on your site.

The issue lies here – there is no page reload since everything happens through AJAX without refreshing the page. Hence, it is not possible for us to have a 1 2 3 4… arrangement initially and then change it to 1 2 3 4 5 6 … or something similar as the user loads the posts in the grid since the containing page never reloads. Even if we implement some complicated JS to handle the hiding and displaying the page numbers, the effect of loading page numbers dynamically would be visually unappealing to the users. Will see if we can come up with something in future if enough people ask for the same.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘SiteOrigin Widgets Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.