Menu problems

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    mogastar

Dear Support Staff,

Firstly, thanks for this excellent theme.
    Can you please provide me with the PSD of the following mockup

https://www.livemeshthemes.com/agile/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/bg-app-showcase.jpg

Now to the actual question:

I’ve been having trouble with the header menu.
    I would like to increase the size of the logo on the left while at the same time narrowing the menu width. I feel like there is too much dead space at the top and the bottom over the logo.
    Also, when the Menu shrinks as you scroll down the page, the hover bars under the Menu items are slightly to high. I’d like them to align at the bottom.
    Can you show me how to set it up right?

Details are provided in the private post below

mogastar
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

Kindly give me the right to view the site.

mogastar

I’ve provided you with the log in details in the above private post. Please login using these to be able to view the site.

Also I have WPML running and i am not able to integrate the Flag/Language Chooser in the top menü.
    Kindly. I would like to achieve something that looks like that

https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/small-tablet.png

Thanks for your kind help!

mogastar

Also can you check out the Portfolio on the Site. Somehow the Filters don’t work (no reaction when pressed) also the resizing of the thumbnails doesn’t work. I set it to mini and they are still quite big. I’d like to reduce the size of the thumbnails so that 10 pictures fit in one row.

Thanks

Veena

Pls use the below custom CSS in themeoptions –

#primary-menu > ul.menu > li > a {
    font-size: 16px;
    padding: 0 15px 0;
    }
    #header.sticky #primary-menu {
    top: 10px;
    }
    #header.sticky #site-logo{
    top: 0;
    }

And for logo pls upload image of a little bigger size then you will be able to adjust it using custom CSS.

Veena

We will get back to you with the solution of the remaining.

Raghavendra

The filtering should work fine provided you remove the gallery or portfolio and not have both in the page. I am seeing that the page is already bloated and taking time to load. If you want to have a gallery as well, pls use shortcode [show_post_snippets] instead of the [show_gallery]. The [show_post_snippets] will display the images without the filter function but should have everything else in it like lightbox etc.

Regarding the image size, you will need to upload a bigger sized image so that proper cropping can occur. Currently the size is too small (110×100) and hence not suitable for a portfolio. You can resize the existing image in photoshop and upload again.

Raghavendra

BTW, if you need to display 10 images in a row, pls use the column shortcodes [one_col] or another custom code like we do for Our Clients section. The [show_portfolio] can accomodate max of 6 columns and is not suitable for a list of images with each row taking up 10 columns. Again, pls have a look at the Our Clients section which should provide you with some clues on how to achieve this.

mogastar

The alginment and size of the menu are still not the way I’d like them to be after inserting the css

#primary-menu > ul.menu > li > a {
    font-size: 16px;
    padding: 0 15px 0;
    }
    top: 10px;
    }
    #header.sticky #site-logo{
    top: 0;
    }

can you please check it out again.
    Thanks for the tip with the portfolio.

mogastar

also I’d appreciate it if you could tell me how to integrate the flags for choosing languages for WPML

Veena

For the hover bars under the Menu items use the below custom CSS in themeoptions and you can change the value accordingly.

top: 28px;
    }

And you can adjust the font size and padding of primary menu in custom CSS and see which is suitable for your site.
    You can fix minor styling issues with the help of developer tools.
    -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cqh7MGLgaM
    -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhb4n0yGYT4

mogastar

how can I make it show the floating menue size (reduced) as the default?

puppyzluv77

I am having the same problem. I am still playing around with the developer, but I cannot get it to work.

I added that #header.sticky code and nothing changed.

The only time it changes is if I resize the site logo. Any update on making the logo just sit nicely in a box next to the menu.

puppyzluv77

see what i mean __> akeebai.com

all that ‘padding’ under the menu

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu problems’ is closed to new replies.