Looking to have content layout with spacing around it

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support Looking to have content layout with spacing around it

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gregeva

Hello,

I’m setting up your Extinct theme on a site and have employed the ‘Home Page’ layout in order to get your theme working properly.

However when I do this, all of the content immediate loses the normal default content layout and is placed right up against the page boundary.

I have very simple posts, so I am not looking for major layout customization, just want to be able to have a responsive single column layout with some space on each side of the content.

Your help is appreciated!

Regards,

Greg

Raghavendra

By default the home page has fluid width. Just like we do with the pages provided with the sample data, you can wrap your code with [segment] shortcode and you will have the default layout with spacing around the content. Pls have a look at the documentation for the [segment] shortcode in documentation for the theme to know more about this shortcode and why and how to use it in the home page and various options it offers.

gregeva

OK – great. Thank you!

I have used the segment shortcode and it works well. I will fiddle with the padding CSS to get it displaying just right.

gregeva

Just pasting the specifics from the documentation….

The [segment] shortcode creates a wrapper HTML element that can take background options and an inner content HTML div element that houses the content constrained to 1140px grid. Usage of [segment] shortcode is below –

[segment id=”client-testimonials1″ class=”dark-bg” background_color=’#374a4e’ style=’padding:50px 0;’ background_image=”http://example.com/background3.jpg” parallax_background=”true” background_speed=”0.4″]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Looking to have content layout with spacing around it’ is closed to new replies.