Livemesh Options Custom CSS encoding greater than sign

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support Livemesh Options Custom CSS encoding greater than sign

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chomchom
    Participant

Ever since WordPress updated to 5.5, it seems like the all the “>” greater-than symbols are being encoded into the HTML ampersand code of “>” and also displaying on the client as “>” and not as the appropriate “>” sign thus messing up the styling. I am assuming its some sort of issue with saving the content in an HTML form POST.

I did notice, however, that the code in Customize > Additional CSS saved and displayed the greater-than symbol fine, so as a workaround I just copied the CSS code from the Custom CSS to the Additional CSS section and it works now, but just a heads up on this problem.

chomchom
    Participant

Sorry I mean the Custom CSS editor is encoding the “greater-than” > symbol to the “>” HTML code.

Raghavendra

As a temporary workaround until we investigate this, can you pls move the custom CSS to this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

chomchom
    Participant

Yep! This works! I copy-pasted the relevant code to the Simple Custom CSS plugin and it saved the greater-than “>” sign correctly and not as HTML ampersand code. FWIW, the Additional CSS function in the Customize section also operated as a workaround so that can also be used.

Thanks for all the help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.