LearnDash Courses Template

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    gpsathas

I am trying to apply a sidebar to a page that uses the LearnDash Courses template.

The steps I followed was:
    1. From the appearance –> theme option –> Site layout, I enabled the right sidebar for the default page layout
    2. From the widgets area, I tried to enter a widget to LearnDash Course list sidebar but nothing has happened. The area of the sidebar is empty

I am using the invent theme v1.6 (i tried to upload the most recent update unsuccessfully. It says that a folder with that name already exists. Can you please tell me how to update the them to the most current update?)

Veena

You need to delete the theme first and then install the newer version.
    http://www.templatemonster.com/help/how-to-delete-wordpress-theme.html

Regarding Theme Update:-
    Use the same procedure as when you installed the theme for the first time.
    Everything you did on your Dashboard won’t get overwriten, the files you’ve modified, however, will be replaced with the new files. I recommend that you save them in separate folders so you’ll have them at hand to reapply the changes.

I use this handy plugin for auto updates of all plugins and themes –

http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/

It makes a backup of the existing plugin/theme as well in the media folder so you can always revert back or refer to the earlier version. If you made any changes to the source files (instead of child theme), you will need to redo them of course no matter what method you use for updating. Hope this helps.

gpsathas

Thank you very much for your answer but that was only the second part of my question.

Can you please tell me how to apply a sidebar to a page that uses the LearnDash Courses template?

The steps I followed was:
    1. From the appearance –> theme option –> Site layout, I enabled the right sidebar for the default page layout
    2. From the widgets area, I tried to enter a widget to LearnDash Course list sidebar but nothing has happened. The area of the sidebar is empty

gpsathas

I updated the theme to v1.8 but the same error occurs.

There is a space to the sidebar but it is completely empty. When for example try to insert the calendar widget at the footer, it works but when I try to insert the same widget at the Learndash Course list sidebar, it seems to be empty.

I am uploading two pictures in order to see the results….

Raghavendra

I tested this on my installation and things seem to work fine on both learndash course list and individual learndash courses which have their corresponding widget areas. Can you pls share a temp login to your site as a private message here so that we can take a closer look?

gpsathas
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra
    gpsathas
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘LearnDash Courses Template’ is closed to new replies.