LeanDash Video Progression support

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support LeanDash Video Progression support

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    ixorra
    Participant

Hi,
    LearnDash newest version 2.4.5 introduces a new feature called Video Progression which allows video auto-start (auto-play), and auto-complete (Mark Complete) for lessons and topics.
    I have been trying to get this to work with a Vimeo based video in a lesson, but it does not work. (Within the Invent theme.)

The Video Progression features work with YouTube based videos, but not Vimeo.
    I can change the theme to Twenty Seventeen, and all Video Progression features work with Vimeo.

I checked with LearnDash support, and they are trying to figure it out. So far they think it might be some theme javascript that is blocking the functionality.
    Does anyone have ideas on this?

Thanks!

Veena

Can you pls share a link to an example page so that we can check if any js error happening .

ixorra
    Participant

I received the following information from the LearnDash support team –
    ………….
    When we activate the theme and run our own test Vimeo lesson we get the same, the video does not auto-start. LearnDash Video Javascript sets up the standard jQuery( document ).ready(function() {} hook function. This will get called when the page elements finish loading. But it never gets called. The videos work for YouTube because YT has it’s own JS library and ‘ready’ logic. It doesn’t need jQuery.

Looking at the JS console we see some errors https://dl.dropbox.com/s/3jagtxjyz2w598y/20170627-074535-ipc0b.png?dl=0 most notably is the one “Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: a[href*=#]” within jQuery. This is what is causing jQuery to not call the LD ready hook. Basically jQuery is just stopping.

Looking into the theme code we search for the pattern ‘a[href*=#]’. Found a few hits in the theme JS files. So we started disabling these lines one by one and found the lines affecting the jQuery error. In the theme file js/main.js lines 138-152 is the JS function highlight_menu(). Within this function there are a number of jQuery calls using that selector pattern ‘a[href*=#]’. The problem is the ‘#’ is somewhat reserved and needs to be escaped so instead of using ‘a[href*=#]’ it needs to be written as ‘a[href*=\\#]’ (not the double backslashes before the #.

This is the function before: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/nd5kt09lf82vi3j/20170627-080031-4ajxq.png?dl=0

and after with escaped ‘#’: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/0n6qob9xgavxstg/20170627-080108-g6ezk.png?dl=0

…………..
    – Thanks

Raghavendra

This was fixed more than a year back when WP 4.5 was released. Are you sure you have the latest version of the theme installed? We no longer have the pattern mentioned above that can cause Javascript to fail on the site.

dany710
    Participant

livemesh gallery plugin users had problems with YouTube videos playing? Mine show up as black frames.

ixorra
    Participant

I have updated to the most recent theme version and still have the issue with the auto-start function.
    Strangely auto-start will work when I am logged in as admin, but not as a subscriber.
    Any other ideas to try?

Raghavendra

Probably the page is being cached? Generally for admins the pages are not cached but for end users the page is cached. Can you pls verify if the js/main.js file being served matched exactly the one in the latest version of the theme.

You can provide me a link to the site and I can check the same too.

ixorra
    Participant

Do you have a private message method for me to give you a link and login?

Raghavendra

You just post like normal but click on the option ‘Set as private reply’ in the checkbox below the editor and Tags field. The post will be hidden from everyone except the moderators of the forum.

ixorra
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

Sorry I have no rights to check things on your site. Also can you pls post a link to the page where this is happening? That will help me debug this issue.

Pls give me admin rights – after all this site is still under development. Thank you.

ixorra
    Participant
    ixorra
    Participant
    Raghavendra

I tried accessing the course you sent with the teststudent account (not admin – it works in admin account anyway) in all 4 browsers I have installed on my desktop and had absolutely no issues taking Lesson 1 with Vimeo Video auto-starting in all cases.

We tested your site from two dev machines in two different locations – one running Mac OS X and another Windows 10.

When you retest on your side, can you pls make sure you open a tab in private or incognito mode (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en) and see if it makes a difference? That way you will overcome problem of caching or some extension blocking the video (like the adblocker extensions).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.