iPhone slider doesn't start on the first slide

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support iPhone slider doesn't start on the first slide

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tewo

On our site, we’d like the iPhone slider to start on the first slide after the page has fully loaded.

It seems the JS timer for the slider starts too early in the loading progress, so that when the page takes a while to fully load, we’re already on the second or third slide.

Is there a way to fix this?

tewo
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

Pls add “slideshow_speed” parameter to iphone slider shortcode and set a greater value for slideshow speed.
    Pls go through “Device Slider shortcode” in themedocumentation.

tewo

I’ve set the slideshow speed.

I can’t set the speed to 8 seconds per slide just because it doesn’t start at the right time. Nobody would watch any of the slides.

Raghavendra

Can you check if the following code change fixes the issue?

Pls change the file js/slider.js at line number 56 from

jQuery(window).load(function () {
        // Wait till all images have loaded before unwrapping
        setTimeout(function () {
            jQuery('.flex-slider-container, #nivo-slider, .carousel-wrap').removeClass('loading');
        }, 400);
    });

to

jQuery(window).load(function () {
        // Wait till all images have loaded before unwrapping
        jQuery('.flex-slider-container, #nivo-slider, .carousel-wrap').removeClass('loading');

});

I am thinking that having that timeout is a bad idea (since images would have been loaded already when we hit window load function) and removing the same might resolve this for you.

tewo

It looks like it’s working. Thanks!

(And your reasoning makes sense.)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘iPhone slider doesn't start on the first slide’ is closed to new replies.