IE = Serif font …. Chrome = sans serif font??

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support IE = Serif font …. Chrome = sans serif font??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CSKickOn

Why, if i look at my site in IE, do i see a Serif font as the main body font. Yet if i go to Chrome, i see a Sans-serif font?

I want sans-serif. IE is not displaying correctly…

In the Theme Options -> Fonts i have:
    Body Font: Trebuchet MS
    Custom Body Font: HelveticaNeue,Optima,Segoe,”Segoe UI”,Candara,Calibri,Arial,sans-serif;

Is this correct?

Thank you

CSKickOn
    CSKickOn

If I use developer tools the body font is listing as: “Merriweather”, “Arvo”, Georgia, Times, serif

(The browser is actually crossing out and overwriting my Custom Body Font: HelveticaNeue,Optima,Segoe,”Segoe UI”,Candara,Calibri,Arial,sans-serif;)

Chrome doesn’t seem to be doing this…

Raghavendra

Can I know which version of IE is this? On my IE, I see the sans serif – same font as the one shown on Chrome.

CSKickOn

IE version 11.0.9600.17239

It happens on two completely independent different PC’s with different internet connection even.

In chrome on both it works fine…

CSKickOn

Hi guys,

Hoping to get a response to this… any ideas?

thank you

Raghavendra

Sorry for the delayed reply. Actually things look better on IE than on my Chrome on my Mac since at least it displays the regular Merriweather font instead of a default serif font of the browser like Chrome does. Looks like you have defined the font as something like this –

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6 {font-family:"HelveticaNeue,Optima,Segoe,"Segoe UI",Candara,Calibri,Arial,sans-serif;";letter-spacing:1px;}
    body{font-family:"HelveticaNeue,Optima,Segoe,"Segoe UI",Candara,Calibri,Arial,sans-serif;";}

You need to change it to make this valid CSS since the current definition is incorrect with double quotes spanning multiple fonts. Here is how it should be –

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6 {font-family:"HelveticaNeue",Optima,Segoe,"Segoe UI",Candara,Calibri,Arial,sans-serif;letter-spacing:1px;}
    body{font-family:"HelveticaNeue",Optima,Segoe,"Segoe UI",Candara,Calibri,Arial,sans-serif;}

I guess you have set it via Custom Font option. The value suppled is incorrect. Pls check.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.