how to use url image as featured image in post

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support how to use url image as featured image in post

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    unicatlog

Hello,

I need to use an image from a specific URL as featured image in the news section. I’ve tried with “Nelio External Featured Image” but it doesn’t seem to work. On the page of the plug in says: “If your theme is not using the (get_)the_post_thumbnail, then our plugin will not be able to insert external featured images”.
    Please can you tell me why it’s not working, and which other way I can use URL image as featured.

Thank you in advance

Raghavendra

Can you pls change Thumbnail Generation Method in General tab of theme options to “WordPress” and see if that makes a difference? This method does utilize the method you mention.

unicatlog

I’ve tried it but the outcome is the same. Is there any other option that cloud affect it ?

Raghavendra

Pls add this line at line number 280 of framework/functions/thumbnail-functions.php file –

if (empty($feature_image_src) && function_exists('nelioefi_get_thumbnail_src'))
                $feature_image_src = nelioefi_get_thumbnail_src($post_id);

and you should see the image.

unicatlog

on line 280 there is:

'alt' => $image_alt,

I’ve inserted the code on that line and tested but unfortunately the whole site went down.
    Do I have to replace the code on line 280 and replace it with the new one ?

Raghavendra

Pls post a link to your site and temp FTP login information as a private message here and I will do the update. Looks like you may have an older version of the theme or the line number you pasted is incorrect.

unicatlog
    This reply has been marked as private.
    unicatlog
    Raghavendra
    unicatlog

The solution worked perfectly, you’re a genius. Thank you very much 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘how to use url image as featured image in post’ is closed to new replies.