How to remove Microformats data from Appdev theme?

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Appdev Theme Support How to remove Microformats data from Appdev theme?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    estudiowam

Hi, Support.

Hope you are ok!

Since I’m optimizing our website http://estudiowam.com I want to remove microformats.org data (hatom, hcard, hentry) completely from the theme to replace it with schema.org.

The microformats data is sending errors to my Google Webmaster Tools account and according to my GWT account, it is not implemented correctly. I don’t need it, plus is implemented in a wrong way (no ofense).

Is there a way you can point me which pieces of code I need to remove?

Hope this is possible.

Thanks in advance.

Raghavendra

Thanks – we are doing great. To answer your query – the hentry is added automatically by WordPress via get_post_class() method. The documentation for this method says – The class ‘hentry’ is always added to each post.

To remove hentry, you can add a ‘post_class’ filter in your child theme to remove hentry class and then you would probably not need to worry about removing other classes like entry-title, updated, published etc. since GWT would probably ignore the other attributes when hentry is missing from the page. Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.