How to configure options for video in Home 3

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support How to configure options for video in Home 3

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    varunsat

Hello,

I can’t seem to find any documentation on what options are available for embedding a video such as that on Home 3.
    When i go to “Page sections” –> “Video 2” –> edit.
    I see that it uses short code “video_showcase”
    What options do i have for this, for ex. hide show controls, maybe add a blur effect to the video.

Thanks!

Ernesto

Hi, in line 157 of the video-shortcodes file that you’ve found, there’s a video tag. For that sort of tags, HTML5 supports a series of attributes, that you can find in this page: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_video.asp

P.S: The blurring effect is way out of reach for this customization, since you need to edit the video file itself.

varunsat

Thanks for pointing that out.

In your theme demo page i notice that you have embedded a full screen YouTube video. However in the theme sample files i downloaded it appears to use a local mp4/ogg video file(Some Formula1 video).

https://www.livemeshthemes.com/agile/home-3/

I would like to implement exactly as you have in the demo here(Video of New York) i.e embed a full width YouTube video playing in the background, showing controls play pause etc. And with text and button overlay.

Could you help me with the short code for this page section please, thanks!

Raghavendra
    varunsat

Tried that but it does not seem to work.

Attaching a screenshot of what it looks like after i pasted this code.

Appreciate any help to get this working.

Thanks!

Ernesto

Hi, there’s is one thing that might help. Sometimes when you enter a HTML code in WP it sets up a code tag which prevents the code to actually kick in.
    You might wanna check if that’s what keeping the code from working, if so, all you need to do is remove that code tag and it’ll work. To check thhat, you’ll need to go to the HTML View of your page in the Edit Page Screen.

varunsat

Unfortunately that did not help. I also installed a fresh copy on my localhost and pasted the same short code. Behaves exactly like the screenshot i posted earlier.

Any other possible solutions?

varunsat

Still investigating and found what i think is a useful lead.

When searching this file: /wp-content/themes/agile/framework/shortcodes/video-shortcodes.php

For the keyword “ytp_video_showcase” it is not found. Maybe the php definition is missing in this version? could you please send me a copy of this video-shortcodes.php which works.

Attaching my video-shortcodes.php for your reference.

varunsat

Did not allow me to upload php. Renamed and attaching txt file here.

varunsat
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Nexus

Hi Varun,

I see that you are using the old version of the theme and hence the ytp player shortcode is not working on your site. Just download the latest version of the theme files from themeforest and update the theme files and you will be able to use the youtube video section. Just changing the video-shortcodes.php file won’t work as there are lots of styling and js involved as well.

Thanks!

varunsat
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Nexus

The reorder for portfolio and team will not work. Actually the Reorder plugin just puts the reorder link for all the custom post types. We used this plugin before to reorder the page sections, that’s it. Now with the new version of Agile we no longer need this plugin as we have our own implementations. If you want to reorder the portfolio then please see this post https://www.livemeshthemes.com/support/forums/topic/portfolio-ordering/

For the error that you are getting, it’s a permission issue. When you try to insert a shortcode actually the files in the framework / admin / tinymce folder are invoked.

Common reasons for this error are:

Incorrect file/directory permissions: Below 644.
    In order files to be read by the webserver, their permissions have to be equal or above 644. You can update file permissions with a FTP client or through cPanel’s File Manager.

Restrictive Apache directives inside .htaccess file.
    There are two Apache directives which can cause this error – ‘Deny from’ and ‘Options -Indexes.

Hope that helps.

varunsat

I was able to get the Portfolio ordered as desired. Works perfectly!

Thanks a tonne!

Nexus

Great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘How to configure options for video in Home 3’ is closed to new replies.