How to change link/portfolio rollover/ atg cloud colour

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support How to change link/portfolio rollover/ atg cloud colour

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Luke
    Participant

I’ve been trying to get rid of all instances of the standard extinct theme red on my site. I’ve poured through the css countless times, searched and changed every instance of the red and any colour close to it multiple times. I’ve also changed the title colours in the theme options section and tried a variety of custom CSS in the custom CSS section in the theme options section. Despite all this the following areas are still red:

1) Links and info in the footer and side bar widgets. This especially strange because one link in one of my tweets in the twitter widget is displaying gold, but the rest are red, along with age of tweets etc.

2) The solid colour behind the info text that pops up upon rolling over a portfolio item on the portfolio page.

3) Notes under the title of Blog posts (poster, category, comments etc.)

4) The background colour of the tags in the tag cloud widget.

5) The social network icons on the contact page

6) Links anywhere else on the site

Could you advise how the colours in these sections can be changed? I’m going to post login info as a private comment so you can check out settings.

Thanks,
    Luke

Luke
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Nexus

Luke,

I logged in to your site but the login you sent doesn’t have any admin rights. Please ensure the login have admin rights, so that I can add some custom css to change the colors. Also I see a coming soon screen now. Thanks!

Luke
    Participant

Hi,

I just changed the guest login to have admin rights. I’ve actually solved most of the previous issues by having a friend put in some custom css for me. These are the last things I need to change:

1) “Have an interesting project to discuss” (above call to action button on the home page) text to black, with the shadow in #dddcda

2) Red links/info text on the blog page from red to #fcb748

3) Links that are still red on the videography page to #fcb748

4) Link to testimonial people’s websites to #000000 with #fcb748 rollover

5) Blog Title Text colour to to #000000 with #fcb748 rollover. Right now it’s #fcb748 and shifts between red and black when rolled over

6) Tag cloud widget text to #000000 with #fcb748 rollover background

Also, the links to websites of the testimonial people aren’t working even though the correct addresses are specified.

Thanks for your help

Luke
    Participant

Also, now that I’ve uploaded all my portfolio items, a whole bunch aren’t showing up. it happened at first to the items in the :apparel” portfolio category, nothing would show up when I clicked on the “apparel” category on the portfolio page, even though they had before and the posts themselves still existed and were visible on the back end, just not on the portfolio page. There was only four apparel items, so I made new portfolio posts and they worked again. Now photography items are disappearing, there are 21 portfolio items but the portfolio page is only displaying six. Do you know why this is?

Luke
    Participant

The portfolio page is also displaying a 404 error on tablets, do you know why this would be?

Raghavendra

1) The file template-portfolio-3c-sorted-full-width.php in the theme directory needs to be changed to display larger than 50 portfolio items. Pls make the change in the line number 19 of this file from 50 to 100 or any other number you desire.

When you make this change, all the portfolio items should show up.

2) Regarding the 404 error, I have change the permalink of the portfolio page from ‘portfolio’ to ‘our-portfolio’. Using the permalink ‘portfolio’ which is the name of custom post type causes WordPress to behave inconsistently since it looks for a default archive page at this URL. You can change the permalink to whatever you desire other than ‘portfolio’.

Raghavendra

Here are the custom CSS entered by me –

.action-call .title {
    color: #000 !important;
    text-shadow: 2px 1px 0 #F6F6F6, 3px 3px 0 #DDDCDA;
    }

.sidebar a, a, a:active, a:visited {
    color: #FCB748 !important;
    }

a:hover {
    color: #888 !important;
    }

#content .hentry h2.entry-title a:hover {
    color: #FCB748;
    }

.tagcloud a, #footer .tagcloud a {
    }

.tagcloud a:hover, #footer .tagcloud a:hover {
    background-color: #FCB748;
    }

This should fix all of the styling changed requested above.

Raghavendra

I have fixed the links on the testimonials as well -they were using the incorrect attribute of the anchor tag for URLs. Thanks

Luke
    Participant

Thanks for your help, my site’s online and I think everything’s pretty much sorted.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘How to change link/portfolio rollover/ atg cloud colour’ is closed to new replies.