How do I use Custom HTML widget in widgets like Tabs and Accordion?

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums SiteOrigin Widgets Support How do I use Custom HTML widget in widgets like Tabs and Accordion?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Greg W
    Participant

As per title I want to be able to use the WordPress ‘Custom HTML’ widget inside of some of your other widgets like Tabs and Accordion widgets.

I’m able to insert the code I want in the text editor (not visual editor) for pages but on making changes later the code is altered and no longer works as it should, I have to go back and re-paste as text and then apply changed and then save.

The Custom HTML widget works better and does not alter the text when going back to edit it later (from what I have tested).

If this is snot yet currently available can I request it as an urgent feature request.

Cheers

Veena

You can add your custom html in “text widget”. Pls try it out.

Veena

Text widgets are capable adapt custom html.

Greg W
    Participant

Not without WP changing the code on a second load when wanting to edit it.

I have had to add the following to my functions.php file in my theme to stop WP from mangling up the html code.

/* WP Text Editor no auto changes to HTML code */

function override_mce_options($initArray) {
    	$opts = '*[*]';
    	$initArray['valid_elements'] = $opts;
    	$initArray['extended_valid_elements'] = $opts;
    	return $initArray;
    }
    add_filter('tiny_mce_before_init', 'override_mce_options');

This appears to work for what I need, at least until it breaks with any future WP updates. Hence my request asking if it was possible to do an insert html ‘specific code’ into a tab, accordion etc without WP mangling the html code on an edit of that page.

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘SiteOrigin Widgets Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.