HOME PAGE -Nav Bar & Content Error

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Appdev Theme Support HOME PAGE -Nav Bar & Content Error

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bebold

Hello again.
    First off, thanks for being so responsive to tech issues. I’m sure I’m not alone when I say how much I appreciate it.

I’ve been trying for a while now to come up with a way to fix an issue I’ve been having, but I give up! Perhaps you can point me in the right direction.

ISSUE 1: No content that I put on the home page is visible. (Yes, it is a one-page theme setting with multiple page sections). I’ve tested multiple ways of putting info there, but nothing, NOTHING is visible. It jumps right to the first ‘page section’ instead.

ISSUE 2: As a result I’ve had to put content I want to be on the “home” tab in the ‘features’ page section. And that means that the home page starts at the top of the website for both the “home” and “features” tabs (they should link to different sections in the page, but don’t).

I even tried creating a page section called “home” and adding that to the “Choose the Page Sections for display” on the homepage but if I turn that page section on so it is public, I end up with TWO ‘home’ buttons on the Nav bar. Not ideal. Nope.

Hoping there is a setting I missed somewhere to fix this.
    EventQwest.com

Thanks,
    M

Nexus

Pls reply as a private message here with the site URL and a temporary login to the WordPress dashboard and I can take a look. Thanks!

bebold
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

The theme has addressed these issues in the later updates. Looks like you have a very old version of the theme loaded (1.5). If you move the later version, you will see that the content of the single page will be loaded first and then the page sections. Also, you can assign a WordPress custom menu for each single page.

If you still want to stick to the current version for the time being, you can use a custom WordPress menu in Appearances->Menu tab for your needs. This will help you take control of the menu items and where they link to. Hope this helps.

bebold
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Nexus

The way we update is to replace all files. No matter what method you use (there are plugins too like this – http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/ to update easily), you will need to backup your changes and redo any changes you made to the files on the new installation.

Use tools like DiffMerge or WinMerge to compare the old and new files and redo the changes. You will spend probably an hour doing this but not more, specially if you have made changes only to a few select files. The settings data will stay and hence Custom CSS entered into theme options should be fine. It’s always a good idea to have a backup though. Hope this helps.

bebold

Thanks!
    It’s about what I thought, but do appreciate the comparison tool tips.

Cheers,
    M

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘HOME PAGE -Nav Bar & Content Error’ is closed to new replies.