Help customizing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    aviadteresh

I recently bought the theme and i have problems understanding how to customize it more then just changing text and pictures (i’ve read the documentation already).
    Can you please reach out to me?
    Aviad

Veena

We simply do not have the bandwidth for taking up customization work since we focus on developing new products and supporting existing ones.

You may want to check with someone in the Envato studio for help with this.
    Wish you the best with your site.

aviadteresh

I don’t know why i didn’t get a notification that you replied to my comment.
    You did not understand what i’m asking.
    I am asking help understanding how the theme works and how to use the tools you provided to change it.
    The sightorigin page builder is not so clear and i don’t understand what is the difference between the deprecated pages and the regular ones.
    I addition there are things that i’m not managing to do when following your explanation as i understand it.
    I would appreciate your help for more information not listed in the documentation.
    My website is http://www.cheloapp.com and there are the minimal things i was able to change.
    I’m sure that a quick call will help understand if this is the theme for me or not.

Veena

Where exactly you are having trouble in changing things ?

Deprecated page is the one which is built using page sections . The home pages have been rebuilt with page builder elements and we have added support for 30+ custom SiteOrigin widgets or page builder elements.

Actually it is easy to understand if you play around a little bit with siteorigin pagebuilder ,First you can try to build a test page using pagebuilder widgets .

If you have already created pages using page sections then you ll not be able to add SO widgets in to that page , You need to map all the page sections in the page to siteorigin page builder page that you need to create anew.

aviadteresh

Thank you for getting back to me.
    I’m not sure i understood what you said in the last paragraph exactly and it is the one relevant to me.
    I did use the page section home page and removed section i don’t need and tried changing stuff with short codes from your documentation and just changing the text in the edit section of the page section. I saw that it is not that easy to use the section because finding out exactly what to do is not easy and still i don’t get the result i want.

Are you saying that in order to use the page builder capabilities i need to redo the page?

Can i only use shortcodes to edit the page sections?

One example that i’m not able to do is add my logo to the header section to appear in the middle of the page. you can see how it looks now.
    The shortcode i used is –
    [image  align=”center” size=”large” src=”http://cheloapp.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Chelo_light_Green-e1468695548594.png”%5D

And i can’t seam to change the button to the subscribe to be something else then the blue one. I’m using the Chimpmail for WD addin.

Thanks you,
    Aviad

Veena

Are you saying that in order to use the page builder capabilities i need to redo the page?

Yes. you need to map the pagesections to pagebuilder , there you can easily add the pagesections using site origin theme widgets . You ll not be able to add Site Origin widgets in the already created page using pagesections .

If you have imported new sample data then you can see that we have mapped all our home page to page builder one using siteorigin theme widgets.

Can i only use shortcodes to edit the page sections?

Yes you can use the shortcodes in page sections. And you can use the shortcodes in the Site Origin page builder also by using text widget ie, you can directly add the theme shortcode in to a text widget.
    Actually almost all necessary shortcodes are converted to siteorigin widgets so you can build a page faster than using pagesections..

That shortcode won’t work for header . You can apply custom CSS to make logo center.

If you want to change the button to a different color then you can use the below custom CSS in themeoptions –

#subscribe-news input[type="submit"] {
        background-color: #76cdaa;
        border-color: #76cdaa;
    }

aviadteresh

Thank you for your help with the button. it worked great.

Can you give some details what is the process of mapping the section to a pagebuilder?
    Is there a way to take you existing page and duplicate it so i have a starting point?
    Can i added a text with color to the header instead of the logo? I can’t seam to control anything of the header type.

Thank you again for all your help.

aviadteresh

And, can you provide me with the custom css for adding a picture link to the header centered above the header2 text? If it’s not too complicated.
    I will appreciate it. Thank you

Veena

Our themedocumentation covers all the necessary details on how to add siteorigin widgets in pages.

You can select the appropriate widget by clicking add widget option in the pagebuilder tool bar. .
    If you have imported new demo data then you can analyse how we have done it and which widget we are used for mapping the page section contents .

Also pls go through this pagebuilder documentation and you can watch the video here –
    https://siteorigin.com/page-builder/

And here in our theme we have themespecific widgets to make things easier…

Can i added a text with color to the header instead of the logo?
    You can add textlogo in themeoptions > Site Logo tab .

Veena

And, can you provide me with the custom css for adding a picture link to the header centered above the header2 text?

Where exactly you want to add the link ? Can you pls clarify this query. a screenshot of the same ll help understand better. Thanks.

aviadteresh

Hey. sorry for the late reply. I’m not getting notifications when you reply.
    Attached is a screenshot of my site.

I want to replace the text ‘CHELO’ with a picture of the my logo.
    You have mentioned i requires a custom CSS.

Veena

You can find an option to add image logo in themeoptions > Site Logo tab .

aviadteresh

You are not answering my question.
    You are telling me how to add a logo to the top menu which i did as you can see in the screenshot.

What i want to do is to add the logo to the header section where the picture with the hands is.
    I want to replace the text ‘CHELO’ with my logo and i can’t find any option to do that.

Thanks for all your help

Veena
    This reply has been marked as private.
    aviadteresh

Thank you for replying.
    When adding the code to the section it is showing the icon aligned to the center.
    Even when i add this – align=”center”
    How can i center?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Help customizing’ is closed to new replies.