Help: Cart Indicator Color, Button Color & oops…

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support Help: Cart Indicator Color, Button Color & oops…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Runamuk

Hi there, first off, thank you for making a great theme. I am very new to all of this and trying a pretty ambitious project for my first outing, so please bear with me if these questions are elementary. 1) I need to change the color of the cart indicator. The little round dot with the number in it, and I can’t figure out where to do that. Should I assume this a job for custom CSS and, if so, what do I write? 2) I also want to change the color of the button backgrounds i.e. “Post Comment”, “Edit”, “Reply”, and again can’t figure out how to do this seemingly simple task. which leads me to 3) I tried copying some code you posted on a similar comment topic on themeforest and now, when I scroll down the main menu runs over the top of the cart, and the colors never became editable, so big fail. I will attach a pic.

The code I copied was:

button, .button, .button:active, .button:visited, input[type=”button”], input[type=”submit”], input[type=”reset”] {
    border: 4px double #EEE; /* Change the color of the border for buttons */
    }

I have removed it from the custom CSS area but the menu is still screwed. Do I have to replace the theme and start over? or is there a quick fix?

I guess I got a little too sure of myself after fixing the child header font change issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Veena

Pls use the following custom CSS in themeoptions –

.default .cart-contents .cart-count {
      background: #000;
    }
    button, .button, .button:active, .button:visited, input[type="button"], input[type="submit"], input[type="reset"] {
      background: #000;
      border: 4px double #E7C1BB;
    }
    .button:hover, .button:active:hover, .button:visited:hover, input[type="button"]:hover, input[type="submit"]:hover, input[type="reset"]:hover {
      background: #555;
      border-color: #F5DBD7;
    }
    .woocommerce-site #header.sticky #primary-menu {
      margin-right: 60px;
    }

Runamuk

Thank you for that. It gave me control of the one button on the contact us page, but the “return to shop” button in the cart is still orange. So are the “reply ” and “edit” buttons. I tried adding another input to your code and it didn’t change anything.

My biggest issue is that the cart icon in the top right is still messed up, it doesn’t even display now, just orange text saying “0items-$0.00”. Should I scrap this theme build and start again? and, if so, do do I delete the existing child theme and reinstall?

thank you

Veena

Only by seeing the screenshot it is difficult to suggest something. Can you pls share a link to your site?

Runamuk

The site is still under construction so I have it on maintenance mode right now. No one can see this yet thankfully. I have attached a pic of the ongoing problem.

Also, Please let me know if there is any way to change all the other button colors? The stock orange color really clashes with the red we use on our site, and there are at least half a dozen buttons in the shop, cart and my account areas.

Veena

Pls use the below custom CSS in themeoptions –

.woocommerce a.button, .woocommerce button.button, .woocommerce input.button, .woocommerce #respond input#submit, .woocommerce #content input.button, .woocommerce a.button.alt, .woocommerce button.button.alt, .woocommerce input.button.alt, .woocommerce #respond input#submit.alt, .woocommerce #content input.button.alt, .woocommerce-page a.button, .woocommerce-page button.button, .woocommerce-page input.button, .woocommerce-page #respond input#submit, .woocommerce-page #content input.button, .woocommerce-page a.button.alt, .woocommerce-page button.button.alt, .woocommerce-page input.button.alt, .woocommerce-page #respond input#submit.alt, .woocommerce-page #content input.button.alt {
      background-color: #F05517;

Pls change the background color accordingly.

You can use chrome developer tools to fix minor styling issues.
    http://support.livemeshthemes.com/faqs/how-to-fix-a-few-styling-issues-instantly-using-chrome-developer-tools/

Runamuk

Well, thank you, that has given me control of the other button background colors. What about the hover color options?

And again, this is not fixing the problem with the shopping cart icon. Not going to repost the same picture as before. Can you please tell me why these button changes have broken the link to the shopping cart icon in the upper right, or at least tell me how to get it back.

Am I the only one who thinks control of all button colors is essential to customizing a site? Please consider adding this to your appearance options someday, it would save a lot of time and headache.

Thanks

I will try using Chrome Dev Tools for the button hover color fix.

Veena

Pls use this –

.woocommerce a.button:hover, .woocommerce button.button:hover, .woocommerce input.button:hover, .woocommerce #respond input#submit:hover, .woocommerce #content input.button:hover, .woocommerce a.button.alt:hover, .woocommerce button.button.alt:hover, .woocommerce input.button.alt:hover, .woocommerce #respond input#submit.alt:hover, .woocommerce #content input.button.alt:hover, .woocommerce-page a.button:hover, .woocommerce-page button.button:hover, .woocommerce-page input.button:hover, .woocommerce-page #respond input#submit:hover, .woocommerce-page #content input.button:hover, .woocommerce-page a.button.alt:hover, .woocommerce-page button.button.alt:hover, .woocommerce-page input.button.alt:hover, .woocommerce-page #respond input#submit.alt:hover, .woocommerce-page #content input.button.alt:hover {
      color: #eee;
      background: #D95741;
      border: 4px double #E7C1BB;
     }

Pls change the background color accordingly.

Button changes won’t break the shopping cart , the reason is something else. Can you pls share temporary login details to your site as a private reply here? We will take a look.

So far no one made any request for this addition. Nevertheless we may have a look on this.
    Thanks.

Runamuk

Hi there. I became increasingly frustrated with this website build and walked away from it. I am ready to return and finally finish it but am wondering if you are still willing to help with the shopping cart problem?

Thanks

Veena

Can you pls explain the exact issue that you are facing with shopping cart?
    Also pls share temporary login details to your site as a private reply here.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.