Gallery Image-Previews

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    photoletti

Hi

First of all, thx for this cool Theme ๐Ÿ™‚

I have a quite urgend issue with the Gallery. My problem is, that the images i’ve set as featured image are cropped in the gallery-overview. Is there a way to have them resized instead of cropped?

In addition to that I need to give the images within the gallery a certain sort order. Is it possible to have them displayed in a certain order in the overview?

Thx for your quick response.

Best regards
    Sandro

Veena

Can you pls share a link to your site?

Inorder to sort gallery images(using gallery template) pls modify file framework/functions/gallery-functions.php line no:13 to

$query_args = array('post_type' => 'gallery_item', 'posts_per_page' => $args['posts_per_page'], 'filterable' => $args['filterable'], 'paged' => $paged, 'orderby' => 'title',
    'order' => 'ASC');

and line no:143 to

$loop = new WP_Query(array('post_type' => 'gallery_item', 'posts_per_page' => $posts_per_page, 'orderby' => 'title',
    'order' => 'ASC'));

You can find the available orderby parameter options here –
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query#Order_.26_Orderby_Parameters

photoletti

hi phoenix

thx for the hint…I will try ๐Ÿ™‚

But the auite more important issue is the one with the cropped images:

here is the link to the gallery: http://www.marcolaterza.com/portfolio-2/

thx for advice

regards
    sandro

photoletti

I noticed one problem with your solution :-/

My client wants to have a certain sorting the images will appear in the portfolio. with your change, I have to rename the title of the post to have this sorted in the right way.

this will end up in posts named like 01_xxx, 02_xxx, etc…

Isn’t there another way to have a custom sorting? like an index given for each gallery entry?

Veena

You can give ‘orderby’ => ‘menu_order’ instead of ‘title’.
    Pls check possible values of order and orderby parameters here -https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query#Order_.26_Orderby_Parameters
    and give the values according to your requirement.

photoletti

Hello

Thx for your hint, which worked.

Still I need an answer regarding the cropping of the gallery images (see url for the relevant page)

Is there a way to avoid that these images are cropped?

I need them resized.

This is urgent, thx very much.

Best regards
    Sandro

photoletti
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

In the file template-gallery-filterable.php, pls try replacing image_size parameter value from medium with either large or full at line number 21. The images should get cropped less with the new sizes. You can also try the string “proportional”.

photoletti

Hi

Thx…’proportional’ did the trick ๐Ÿ™‚

but one last question. Now the pictures are not cropped anymore as you can see on the portfolio page. but actually they are quite big.

is there a way to have these filterable gallery images proportinally resized, lets say 50% smaller?

Raghavendra

You should just try “large” or “full” instead of “proportional”. They should crop the image in a better way than medium for your case where the images have greater vertical height than width.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘FitPro Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.