Diasabling The Responsive Theme

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    colinjenkins

I know this has already been addressed, but the suggested way of disabling the responsive theme does not seem to work. It was suggested that we:

If you want to disable responsive behaviour across the entire site, you will need to modify the CSS in two places – css/responsive.css and style.css file in theme folder.

90% of the responsive styles through media queries are defined in responsive.css file. You can remove the these styles from the line 28 till end (leave the top as it is without modifications) and then lines 1163 to 1692 in style.css for removing responsive behavior for certain home page elements. Basically you remove blocks which start something like this –

@media only screen and (max-width : xxxxpx { …

But the problem is I cannot find any css/reponsive.css in the theme folder, plus I do not know how to find the links 1163-1692 in the Style.css because the lines are not numbered (am I supposed to count each line one by one?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Raghavendra

Pls post a private message with the URL to your site, preferably a temp login too and I can see what’s happening here. Undoing responsive behavior can be a tough job at times but hope you can pull this off. I can confirm the location of the responsive.css and the line number for the style.css file too.

Also, several text editors have a function which provides the line number function – pls check the help of the editor you are using. I would suggest you try out text editor like sublime text, notepad++ for this instead of using the system default.

colinjenkins
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

I tried disabling the responsive function and things look ok though I assume there will be other things you will need to tweak on an individual basis in case of issues. I have attached the file that you can use to replace the file /css/responsive.css if you need the responsive function to be disabled. I still do not recommend this unless you are comfortable with css or hiring someone to customize this.

colinjenkins

thank you,
    but honestly, I am just not seeing where the file /css/responsive.css is on wordpress? I see style.css and dynamic.css but not any responsive.css.

I’m using the editor on wordpress to try and find the file, am I not looking in the correct place?

Nexus

Hi,

I logged into your installation and have installed a plugin called “Synchi” which enhances the editor with many great features. You can navigate to “Appearance > Editor” and see that I have already kept open the responsive.css file for you. You can edit the theme files, save them on the server, navigate between directories and even see the line numbers.

Besides, the video on your site is amazing 🙂 .

colinjenkins

thanks so much for the help, I never would have been able to figure that all out!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Diasabling The Responsive Theme’ is closed to new replies.