Demo Data not uploading and working!

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Peak Theme Support Demo Data not uploading and working!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    marketeravi
    Participant

Hi there,

Need you support. My demo files are not uploading or should I say not working.
    Nothing happens even after installation.
    Please help if there is any other solution to this.
    WP details below:
    temp2.cwshk.org
    Username: CWSHK
    PW: W*9psi@KA&HwZktGyE

Many thanks,
    Avi

Veena
    This reply has been marked as private.
    marketeravi
    Participant

Hi,
    What does my hosting provider need to do? They are confused.

Thanks!

Veena

This is an issue related to your server .
    To resolve this issue you may need to lift the php values like post_max_size ,upload_max_filesize,max_execution_time etc in file php.ini. Your hosting provider will help you to uplift the php values if you don’t have direct access to this file.

marketeravi
    Participant

Understood! I will request this to my hosting provider since I do not have access C Panel. Will update you on the progress.
    Thanks!

marketeravi
    Participant
    Veena
    marketeravi
    Participant
    Raghavendra

We tried with default theme (instead of Peak) enabled and with a much much smaller media import file and the import simply would not happen for some reason. Looks like the WordPress itself is not configured right since the import file itself is sitting in the Media when we try to upload the same.

I recommend you recreate your WordPress installation again, activate the default theme Twenty Fifteen and then try to import the data file –

https://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Unit_Test

and pls make sure that everything gets imported right before you load the Peak theme. If the test data provided by WordPress developers succeeds pls try activating our theme and import of the data should succeed then. Sorry – looks like this is the only way out right now. Thanks

marketeravi
    Participant
    Raghavendra

I do not see any media files in your media library. Again the same issue when I try importing. Why don’t you change your hosting once and give a try? You can at least sign up for a free trial of some of the leading hosting providers.

Before you give up – pls try this last suggestion. When an import is initiated, I suspect you’re hitting whatever your hosting provider has set as PHP’s allocated memory limit.

Here are three ways to increase PHP’s memory allocation:

1. If you can edit or override the system php.ini file, increase the memory limit. For example, memory_limit = 128M

2. If you cannot edit or override the system php.ini file, add php_value memory_limit 256MB to your .htaccess file.

3. If neither of these work, it’s time to ask your hosting provider to temporarily increase PHP’s memory allocation on your account. Keep in mind that most decent hosting providers allocate 64 MB to PHP under each account, and most decent hosting providers allow users to temporarily increase the memory allocation. If your hosting provider won’t accommodate you, perhaps it’s time to find a new hosting provider.

(in the above examples, the limit is set to 256MB)

marketeravi
    Participant
    marketeravi
    Participant
    Raghavendra
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Peak Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.