Customizing blog page

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mikeintosh

Appdev Theme has very complex structure unfamiliar to me (never worked with responsite theme before) and I’m trying to figure out how to make the blog page to show posts only in specific category.
    I want to use posts also for Tips&Tricks page. With shortcodes included in this theme it’s super easy to do, but I need to filter these tips&tricks posts from the blog. Could you help me with that?

Mike

livemesh
    Keymaster

You will need to modify the template-blog.php file located in the theme root folder. Here is the code change –

$query = array('cat' => '-3,-6', 'posts_per_page' => intval(get_option('posts_per_page')), 'ignore_sticky_posts' => 0, 'paged' => $paged);

located at line 23 of the above mentioned file. You will need to specify the cateory IDs for the ‘cat’ argument. Thanks

mikeintosh

Thanks a milion. Got it. Now I’m facing more difficult issue. My clients wants to have a full post content on the blog page. I tried to fiddle with blog-content.php file little bit but I clouldn’t figure out how to get the full content as in the single page there.

livemesh
    Keymaster

In WP admin under Theme Options—>Blog—>check “Show content in Archive pages”

When you Edit Post, follow the steps as given in screen shot to add/remove the more tag depending on how you want to present the blog.

mikeintosh

Thank you. I feel foolish that wanted to edit a code for that. One more thing – If I show the whole post content and don’t include the more tag, “Read more” button is still there. Since there is nothing more to read (I don’t count comments). I think a condition for “more tag” would be in place.

I can get rid of the line 149 in blog-content.php completely but then I wouldn’t have an option to show the button when the post is too long and I use the more tag.

livemesh
    Keymaster

I have prepared an update which will be submitted on Monday that contains an option to disable the read more button. Hope that will help avoid changing the code files for disabling the read more button. It will also have s4 and htc-one slider shortcode. Thanks.

mikeintosh

Perfect. Can’t wait. Thanks.

livemesh
    Keymaster

Update is out. The option you need should be in the Blog tab of options panel. Pls check the following page for instructions on how to use smartphone sliders. Thanks –

https://www.livemeshthemes.com/appdev/smartphone-sliders/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.