Contact Form

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    intactix

Hey LiveMesh,

1. I can’t seem for the life of me to edit the contact form shortcode. I was trying to change the Phone field to ‘Company Name’. I saw your posts about trying to change URL to Company but that did not work either. I have edited the contact-shortcodes.php in framework>shortcodes – I changed these lines, and everything is fine. Except I cannot find where to change the default text in the form feild from “Phone:” to “Company:”… I changed every one of the .pot and .po files in languages folder and still no change… Where do I edit this text?

if (mo_to_boolean($phone))
    $output .= ‘<p><label>’ . __(‘Company Name’, ‘mo_theme’) . ‘</label><input type=”text” name=”contact_phone” placeholder=”‘ . __(“Company Name:”, ‘mo_theme’) . ‘” class=”text-input”></p>’;

and edited the submitmail.php file:

$phone_number = trim($_POST[‘contact_phone’]);
    if (!empty($phone_number))
    $message .= “\n\n” . __(‘Contact Company: ‘, ‘mo_theme’) . $phone_number;

2. Message Character Limit: I want set to 5, but it will not take effect.

I have edited // Check message (length)

if (!$message || strlen($message) < 5) {
    $error .= __(‘Please enter your message. It should have at least 5 characters.<br />’, ‘mo_theme’);
    }

and framework.php:

‘message_format’ => __(‘Your message must be at least 5 characters long’, ‘mo_theme’),

3. Contact Form 7 – It says in AppDev Details on Themeforest that this theme supports contact form 7 and says it is custom styles to fit. I tried and the form was not styled like this one.

http://www.intactix.ca/ (currently splashscreen plugin on, click the orange ‘.’ to enter site)

Thanks LiveMesh!

Ernesto

Hi,

Regarding your questions:

1) You can try changing the text directly in the PHP file. Go to the theme folder and open the file “framework/shortcodes/contact-shortcodes.php”. In line #34, replace this code:

$output .= '<p><label>' . __('Phone Number', 'mo_theme') . '</label><input type="tel" name="contact_phone" placeholder="' . __("Phone:", 'mo_theme') . '" class="text-input"></p>';

With:

$output .= '<p><label>Company Name</label><input type="tel" name="contact_phone" placeholder="Company Name" class="text-input"></p>';

2) The verification of the text length is also done with javascript code. Open the file “js/mian.js”, and, in line #321, you can adjust the code:

minlength: 15

3) Go to the theme options panel and write the following code in the field Custom CSS:

#footer input, #footer textarea {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #606163;
        border-color: #606163;
        color: #CDCDCD;
        float: left;
        font-size: 14px;
        margin-bottom: 10px;
        padding: 10px;
        width: 100%;
    }
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.