child theme php files not overwriting parent

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support child theme php files not overwriting parent

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    Great theme.
    I’m building out this site: http://198.57.247.130/~kelp/portfolio/sample-folded-2/

I’m trying to edit a few pieces of text in the portfolio (change text such as “next project” to “next item”, etc).

I have made a copy of style.css, loop-nav.php, single-portfolio.php, Portfolio 3 Column Sorted Full Width Page Template and added them to the child theme. However, when I save my changes to these files in the child theme, they do not reflect on the live site. if I make the changes to the same files in the parent theme, they reflect perfectly.

Any ideas? Is there anything that I need to add/edit the the child theme php files in order for them to overwrite the parent?

Thanks for any help.
    -John

Raghavendra

Quick question – are you creating a child theme from scratch or using the child theme bundled with the theme? I would recommend you load the bundled one and make modifications to it since I have had no issues so far with it.

If you still find this broken, pls reply as a private message here a temporary login to the WordPress dashboard and I can take a look.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.